Chapter 5: Waffles

Cali woke up from the sun shoved to her face and realized that she's in her room, she tries to remember what happened to her last night.

I'm just completely drunk.

She saw a note at her side table.

"By the time you've read this, please eat some breakfast" - Tyler

Cali got on her feet and fix her bed, she smell something burning from the kitchen and ran downstairs.

"Shit! shit—what are you doing here?" Cali asked as Tyler turned around.

"Good Morning! Sorry if I burnt something, it's the bacon. I'm here to make a breakfast for your hangover and damn dude, you look cute" He said while flipping the waffles.

Cali noticed her clothes was changed as she throw something at Tyler.

"What did you do to me last night? You pervert!" she covered herself, she started to feel weird with Tyler's action but she don't want to ruined the bond between them.

"Calm down your ass, I didn't do anything with you okay? I just changed your clothes since it was stinky and cleaned your face too. Thank me"

"I present you Tyler's le Waffles with bacon" He said as he serve it on the table, Cali took a bite.

"Well, thank you for helping me—damn this waffles is good"

"And so are you" He coughed a little.

"What?"

"I said thanks"

Cali rolled her eyes and continued eating.

After eating, Tyler insist to wash the dishes, she went upstairs to grab her empty canvas, paints, brushes and set it all up at her backyard.

"Uhm Tyler?" She shouted from outside.

"Yeah?"

"How did you got here an hour ago?"

"I snatched your keys last night when you're asleep and luckily you have two, I guess the spare key is mine" He went outside the backyard.

"Okay, make sure to lock the door when I'm gone" Cali said while stroking her brush.

"You gonna leave me?!" He shouted.

"Man! don't shout at me, it's like 8 in the morning already. What I mean is when I'm at work"

"And?" He sat down on the ground

"You gonna be crashing in my apartment like anytime you want since you have the spare key" She said as Tyler nodded.

He just stared at Cali and at her canvas not until he was snapped back by her.

"Earth to Tyler? You want me to get some canvas for you?" She asked.

"Uhm yeah, why not" He shrugged his shoulders as Cali went inside.

On the other hand, his phone vibrated making Tyler let out a cheesy smile on Frank's message.

Frank
Happy for you my nigga, y'all been together like one day and she gave you her spare key?! fuck, she never gave us that

Me
I'm such a lucky ass

Frank
Ikr, take care of that bitch, she's insensitive but the most caring one

Tyler was cutted when Cali arrived with canvas and brushes, she set it all up as Tyler sits besides her.

"You always like this?" Tyler asked.

"Sometimes when I have a day off, I usually just stay here and do something that please and satisfy myself"

He nodded and continued painting.

Cali painted the morning scene where she and Tyler were painting, after an hour she already finished her work and so as him.

"Damn, I really need to work on my skills" He said as he compared his painting to Cali.

"Don't be like that, your artwork is beautiful, I love it" Cali complimented making Tyler smile a little.

They spent their time by playing UNO which Tyler loses for the 10th time. He cursed at the wind as he looked up to Cali was celebrating her mini victory.

"Who's the queen of UNO? me nigga!" She said

"Yeah yeah, you win hands up" Tyler cleaned the cards and put it back in the drawer. They realize that it's almost lunch time and decided to eat at Chick-fil-A.

Cali took a quick shower and dressed herself, wearing her favorite sweater. She went downstairs as Tyler was talking through his phone.

"Yeah, We'll be there like in an hour" Tyler looked at Cali and let out a smile "I'll see you guys later, byers"

"Good thing you wear a sweater"

"Because it's raining" she said, Tyler looked at the window and shrug his shoulders.

Cali took the umbrella and gave it to him, they got out the apartment and locked the door.

"Damn, wait for me here, I'll be back I parked my car few walks away"

Cali nodded and gave him the umbrella, after a seconds Tyler arrived, he offered his hands to assist Cali since it was slippery.

When they reached their destination, the place was full so they drive thru instead.