Chapter 12: Grateful

Cali cried while smashing the keys of the piano creating a weird sound, her hands was completely trembling.

She screamed as she fell down on her knees, she tried to get up until the door opens "Callista?" it was Tyler holding a plastic bag.

He quickly ran to Cali and was about to help her "Don't touch me!" she stopped him as her face was full of terrify.

"What is happening to her?" Tyler asked himself.

Until Frank and Solange came in.

"Hey ya'll the foods- what the fuck! Cali!" Solange dropped the foods, she and Frank ran towards to Cali

"T! help me to carry her, Sol prepare her oxygen tank, quickly" Solange nodded and ran upstairs to Cali's room.

Tyler was still speechless on what was happening to Cali, her body was still trembling as they sat her at the bed and all of the windows are open.

Solange put some pillows to support her back, they quickly put the oxygen mask to Cali as she gripped onto Solange and Frank's arm "Cali, breathe"

Tyler silently went down stairs.

After a few minutes Cali calm down and took a rest, Solange eyed Frank trying to find the answers "Bitch! spill the tea" She whispered.

"Okay, okay calm down yourself. Tyler surprised Cali at her apartment yesterday, she went to me like 5 in the morning, crying, she told me that her and Tyler had a sex in her dreams and it was the same what happen to her years ago but she said that she's enjoying it but in real life is a 'no'" Frank explained

"Okay, I'll talk to her later when she wakes up" Solange massage her temples as she sat down at the bean bag.

Frank went to Tyler and saw him lying down at the grass while staring at the sky full of stars.

"You okay?" as he laid himself with Tyler.

"Can't move on from what you told me earlier, I feel like all of this shit is my fault" His voice was full of sadness.

"Come on man, it's not your fault, it just coincidentally happened"

"Maybe I should stay away from her for a while?"

"You've already said that like a thousand of times, you wouldn't do that" They laughed.

"You know me too well"

"Anyway, you forgot to tell me what happen to her years ago" Tyler continued, there was a silent between them.

"It happened in high school, she's in junior, me and Solange are seniors. She met a guy at the music club in school, their feeling got mutual then they became a thing. He was abusive and it cause Cali so much pain, man I remember everything" He sighed

"Cali would sneak out at night to spend with that guy, her grades are getting shit all of the sudden and that's when she got raped by that fucking nigga. It causes her trauma, sudden panic attacks, almost got kick out–"

"Wait, does her parents know?" Tyler asked.

"Yes, they even reported it at the school authorities and the guy's parents, rumors say that they made it all up since the Roberts family always have a source but it wasn't. Cali's health is in critical state since she has the DCM Syndrome, she's at the hospital for two months. The guy hangs up himself weeks after the incident happened, after two months she came back on track like she aced all of the exams and shit, and that's the story that's why she panicked" Frank explained.

"That's why she always said my heart won't let me"

"Because she's scared that it might happen to her again, that's why all of the boys trying to make a move to her won't last"