Chapter 10: Pillow Talk (End)

Beep Beep Beep Beep.

You roll over, eyes still closed as you reach out to hit the snooze button on the alarm clock.

Except your palm comes down on warm flesh with a resounding smack, echoing throughout your hotel room and accompanied by a deep voice that says, "Are you finally awake, Dummy?"

Your eyes shoot open to see Victor lying naked in bed next to you, a splotch of red blooming on his chest where he had been attacked. He sets his phone down to hand you a glass of water from the bedside table, and even though memories of the previous night come rushing back to burn your cheeks, you cannot help but notice how glorious he looks bathed in morning light. You hope he doesn't see the way your hand shakes when you accept the glass from him with a meek "Thanks."

Victor clears his throat, waiting for you to finish drinking before he says, "That was the fourth time you slept through the alarm. I've already informed your colleagues you'll be taking the day off. We didn't get much sleep last night and I think you'll need some time to...recover."

You bite your lip, turning sideways to feign a sudden interest in the curtains so he wouldn't see the giant smile spreading onto your face. It was almost surreal that Victor Li was your lover, and if it weren't for the exquisite soreness you felt between your legs, you would've been hard pressed to believe it for yourself.

The sheets rustle and before you know it, Victor has his chest pressed up against your bare back, laying a soft kiss on your shoulder before he rests his chin on it.

"How are you feeling?" He asks.

"Okay. Pretty good, actually." It was too early in the game to tell him you were already doing cartwheels in your mind.

"Good. I'm glad to hear that because I found this under your pillow..."

He places something in your hands. Your eyes widen when you recognize the magazine with his face on the cover.

"...And this 'man on top' wants to know what it feels like to have this woman on top of him for the rest of the day."