Splash

POV: Isla Kyle

I've always been a very tolerant person, I've tried to see beyond what's angering me in the moment. I know whatever I say in anger, I'm going to regret later on.

I'm having trouble stopping myself from hurting Louis. When the instructors were giving us tips and telling us how we can ride the boats, he kept making snarky comments along l touching my shoulder and pretending like it's not him.

He seriously thinks I'm stupid.

"Ok, so which canoeing boat do you want?" Louis asked as he put his life jacket on.

"I don't mind," I said shortly.

"Come on, seriously, it wasn't me that was touching your shoulder,"

"Do you think I'm stupid?" I told him, crossing my arms.

Silence. There was silence. He can't be for real.

"You need a life jacket. I'll get you one," He explained as he started to walk off.

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

"What's wrong, love? I'm trying to get a life jacket for you,"

"You just indirectly called me stupid,"

"I did no such a thing,"

"You're not fooling anyone. You're not funny." I said as I walked off to get my life jacket.

As I was walking to where the life jacket was, I was hoping that my partner would change somehow magically. I didn't like it when he acted like he gave no shit, the sarcasm, the snarky comments are to cover up how he feels. I feel like he has no other way to explain how he feels. Though I'm trying to be understanding, the more I talk to him, the more I want to punch him.

"He isn't giving you too much trouble, right?" Ethan asked out of nowhere, making me flinch in response.

"You scared me stupid, and yes, everyone is ok," I lied through my teeth.

"I can't tell if you lying or not,"

"Everything is good, don't worry, he is just himself,"

"Right well, if he gives you too much trouble, let me know," Ethan said as he winked.

This guy.

It's weird how people say Ethan is the player, and Louis is the nice one. From what I can see, Louis is the annoying one, and Ethan is the nice one, but you can never fully trust boys like my mother says; no boy is nicer than a boy that wants to fuck.

Finally, grabbing a life jacket, I started to make my way to where Louis was standing. It's very beautiful here, the ocean's sound is like music to one's ear, that mix with the birds it makes such beautiful scenery.

"You guys looked pretty cozy over there," Louis pointed out.

"Where? I was getting a jacket,"

"Yeah, and you were talking to Ethan. You looked cozy,"

What? First of all, I didn't, and second of all, why he care? From the time I've known him, he has been a pain in the ass.

"Yeah, I was cozy. Ethan is my friend,"

"Oh, who knew? I didn't know you had friends,"

"Why the fuck are you so rude? You bring out the absolute worst of me, don't talk to me unless you have something nice to say," I finally snapped.

He didn't make a comment after that. He only looked down at his shoes immediately, making me feel bad. He may just be playing around to make the atmosphere more fun and playful. I know he can be mature because I saw it when that instructor was talking to him.