Pack

POV: Isla Kyle

It'd been exactly 6 days since the announcement and is tomorrow is finally the day everyone has been anticipating. Sitting in my bed with a book in hand, I wasn't reading it, but I wanted to. I couldn't focus. Every word I read slipped out of my mind, my mind wasn't processing what I was reading. Running my hand through hair, I put the book and rolled out of bed.

I had to pack.

I was kind of dreading this moment, whenever I go on a trip, I either pack too much or too little. There is never in between. Walking over to my closet, I opened the doors and stood there.

What should I pack? Is it going to be cold or hot there? What is Vivian packing..?

I should call her.

Turning back around, I walked over to my bed and grabbed my phone.

"Vivian, should I bring clothes for cold weather or hot?" I typed quickly.

"I'm bringing clothes for both types of weather," she replied.

"But isn't that too much?" I typed back in response.

"Sweetie, the trip is for 2 weeks, I think I'm fine."

Okay, good point.....brain has left the chat.

"Besides I've looked at the Cabin we're staying at, it has a lot of storage to leave our clothes in." She responded.

"Okay okay, I'm going to start packing."

"Yeah, I should get on to that." She said.

"Yes you shall, so pick me up tomorrow right?" I asked.

"Yep, I'll see you around 7:30, don't sleep in like last time ;)."

"LOOK, I FORGOT TO TURN MY ALARM ON," I replied back

"mmhmm."

"Okay whatever don't be late."

Throwing my phone onto my bed, I took out my suitcase and started to pack.

This is going to take a while.

...

Standing outside my house in the cool air, just staring into oblivion questioning my existence. I had stayed up until very late to pack everything and make sure everything was in place. Of course, I got distracted a few times finding things, dancing to music, and just procrastinating. Now I regretted it because it's currently 7:30 and I only have gotten 5 hours of sleep.

Looking around for Vivian to come in her brand new car that her parents bought her for an early birthday present. A lot of people in my school come from very rich families, including Vivian. But V isn't about flexing life and she is humble, which makes me feel better since sometimes I feel like I'm the odd one out in my year,  since my family isn't very rich. We have an  above middle-class lifestyle which never stroked me as weird when I was little, but as I moved to Northridge High, things started to change. It used to bug me at the beginning that I didn't have cars and nice houses like the others, but over the years I've learned to accept some things for what they are and love the things I have.

Snapping out my deep thoughts I looked around if I could spot her new car.

Where is she?

Looking down at my phone, my knuckles had gone white..... it's not even winter. It's close to summer. It never really gets hot in London, which is fine with me since I love the cold, but seriously....my hands were freezing.