Kidnapped.

Uh warnings: mild torture... angsty.... STONY!! Because in case you couldn't tell I ship them.... THIS IS THE SHIP I WILL DIE ON!!
Probably gonna be part 1 of 2 so... enjoy.
(Btw, Tony never had his arc reactor removed)
————————————————————

"Don't touch me!" Tony snarled, recoiling from Steve's touch, like it would burn him. Steve pulled his hand back, a hurt expression on his face.

"Tony it's been a month-" he started, tears forming in his baby blue eyes as his husband cringed away from him.

"Stop it." Tony's eyes were wet with his own tears, but he didn't let them fall. He kept his back to Steve, knowing that if he looked at him, he wouldn't be able to control the violent onslaught of emotions, he was just barely keeping at bay. "Just leave.. please."

Steve bit his lip, "Tony please, I haven't seen you since- since the accords. Why won't you look at me?" He asked, wincing slightly at how broken his voice sounded.

Tony spun around, anger etched on every one of his handsome features. "I CAN'T LOOK AT YOU!" He screamed, letting the tears he'd held back before run down his face.

He desperately wiped at his eyes with the back of his hand, before looking up at Steve, their eyes meeting for the first time since Steve had shoved a hunk of vibranium into his chest. "I. Can't. Look at you." He repeated slowly, "I can't look at you without seeing the man who lied to me. The man who knew the truth about my parents murder and didn't think to tell me."

"Because every time I look into your beautiful eyes, I see you choosing him over me. I see you slamming the shield that my father made into my chest, and it hurts. It hurts knowing that I was never going to be enough for you."

Tony paused for breath, tears falling freely down his face now, as Steve tried to defend himself, "He was my friend." Tony's heart clenched as he said the same phrase he had in that cold cold bunker.

"And I was your husband." He replied coldly, pure agony seeping into his words.

"Was?" Steve repeated, his voice was barely more than a whisper, and his hands trembled horribly behind his back.

"Was- am- I. Don't. Know!" Tony threw his hands up in frustration, "You left me in that bunker to die Steve. All those promises, all those times you told me you loved me, when you told me you'd never leave my side. How much of that was true?"

"All of it.. I do- I love you!" Steve protested, reaching forward once more but stopping abruptly when Tony flinched and automatically placed a hand over his arc reactor.

"I'm sorry-"

"Save it." Tony cut Steve's apology off as he walked to the door, "I need space." He stated, his hand resting on the door handle. Despite the pain that tore at his heart, he couldn't resist glancing back at his husband. The sight nearly making him cry again.

Steve's shoulders were hunched forward as he sobbed into his hands, the ring that Tony had proposed to him with such love, glinted on his finger. Steve suddenly looked up, meeting Tony's gaze, "Will you be back?" He asked, his tone slightly desperate.

"I— I'm not sure." Tony answered truthfully, "I just need to think." With those words, he quickly left, the door clicking shut behind him with a finality that made Steve crumble.

He sank to the floor, tears soaking through his sleeves as he fruitlessly tried to wipe them away. Steve pulled the ring off his finger and clutched it against his chest, hoping that against all odds they would be able to work this out.