Chapter 9: Unfamiliar Familiarity

Y/N P.O.V.    Location: Unfamiliar, yet Familiar Place.

Is this... Hoshido? A room withing the hallowed halls of Castle Shirasagi? No. Not just any room. The throne room. 

How do I know that?

It looks familiar... why?

(????) - What are their names?

I look towards the entrance, and see five people. Three are dressed in royal garb, one looks like a younger Kaze, and the fifth is a red haired young man, dressed in a similar manner to Present-Time Kaze, but he has a mask on his face.

(?????) - Kaze. Don't be rude.

(Young Kaze) - Forgive me, brother. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful...

(??????) - It's quite alright, Saizo. I don't mind. 

The black-haired woman addresses the red-haired ninja. So Kaze has a brother named Saizo?

(Saizo) - ...Very well.

(?????) - So what are their names?

The red-haired woman speaks next. I'm assuming she's the queen. 

Curious about the unnamed individuals, I look closer at the raven-haired woman, and notice her cradling two young infants in her arms. Both asleep.

(??????) - The girl is Corrin. The boy's name is Y/N.

...what?

(????????) - They're adorable...

Before any of them can say anything else, I feel a sharp pain in my arm as something blunt makes contact with my jaw.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N P.O.V.      Location: Castle Krakenburg - Training Hall

I fall on my back as Kaze kicks me in the jaw, causing me to let go of his face. Dropping my saber, causing it to deactivate, I look at my right arm, and notice a small knife embedded in my flesh.

Kaze lies on his back, looking me in the eyes, almost horrified.

(Kaze) - What was that?!

(Y/N) - Who were they?!

(Kaze) - ...My memories... You read my memories, didn't you?!

(Y/N) - Glad to see you're not an idiot.

I rip the knife from my arm, blood spilling from the wound, and throw it at Kaze, aiming for his torso.

It doesn't matter if I have to kill him for my answers. If he meant anything to me, I'll mourn him after I rip my answers from his corpse.

Before the knife can even reach his ribs, a small stone collides with the knife, knocking it to the floor. The female oni who threw it jumps from the pillar I tossed, standing protectively in front of Kaze.

(Rinkah) - Don't think that I'll let you do that to me. I won't let it happen to him again.

(Y/N) - You have nothing I want. And whether or not you let me, and whether or not I do it are two completely different things.

She levels her metal club at me. I draw my saber back to my hand, reactivating the blades of crackling orange.

Suddenly coming closer, and raising her club, I just barely block her overhead attack. Batting her club aside, I initiate a vertical swing, only for a series of knives to enter my left arm mid-swing, stopping it in it's path.

(Y/N) - AUGH!

She turns to her ally, seemingly angered.

(Rinkah) - It's just a glowing sword, Kaze! I could've taken a shot!

(Kaze) - That sword cut stone, and burnt it! Imagine what it could do to flesh!

She pales for a moment, and I'm given my opportunity.

(Y/N) - BD! Meds!

(BD-1) - (Got it!)

I rip the knives from my arm just in time to catch the stim BD-1 pops from his head. Wasting no time, I jam the small medical unit into my neck, and press the button, allowing the fluid to flow through my body, healing my injuries. As I slip the empty canister into my bag, a blur flashes forward, and time seems to slow down.

Rinkah swings her club at my feet, and successfully hits one of my legs.

...You guessed it. She hit THAT one.

My prosthetic is ripped from my body, and I tumble to the ground, unable to balance myself. My saber falls to the ground again, deactivating once more. Everyone remains shocked for a moment, and I capitalize on her emotion, and use the force, pulling her legs out from under her, and dragging her to me. Just before she can get to her feet, I slam my fist into her jaw, her head hitting the floor under the force of the impact. She quickly falls unconscious, and I choose to improvise.

Using the force to crush the large pillar I used to separate Kaze from the others, I use the rubble to create a temporary prosthetic, and begin chucking rubble at the ninja as I get to my feet.

While he's distracted with avoiding the falling stones, I quickly get close, and wrap my hand around Kaze's head again, prying more echoes from his past.

Oh... oh, god. What...? What the hell-?

Why?!

WHY?!

WHAT IS THIS?!

These people... these memories!

I know them, but at the same time, I don't!

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

809 words. Not bad, could be better. I understand this is a short chapter, but it was mostly improv the whole time, and I had no idea how to go on with this chapter without some sort of timeskip. This is one of the three books I'll be working on for the time being, so I hope you enjoyed it!

Stay safe during these trying times, have a wonderful (time of day), and I'll be updating again as soon as I can. I still have some work to do, but I'll be back to this book, and the others as soon as possible! Thank you for understanding!

ADAGIUM SUBJUGATE, OUT!