Chapter 2: Y/N and Photo vs. Effie and Arthur!

Y/N P.O.V.

They didn't expect my voice to change when they damaged my mask. Good. That unease is necessary right now. Effie backs up, and I rush to meet her. Grabbing her spear, and planting my feet on her chestplate, I place my other hand in between my feet, and reach out with the force, allowing mystic energy to seep through the cracks in her armor. She grabs me and tosses me to the floor before I can do anything to her armor, and I have to figure something else out. She attempts to slam me into the ground with her spear, only for me to sidestep out of the way, and ignite one of my green blades, and cut off her spear. She recovered quicker than I expected, and one punch to my sternum snaps a rib, sends me flying into a wall, and further cracks my mask, effectively shattering my visor. I'm staring through a window made of cracked glass. She walks up to me, grabs me by the wrist, and lifts me so that we're eye level. Photo and Arthur look at us both surprised, and the entire crowd is silent. Effie drags me closer to the center of the arena, holding me at eye level, before looking me dead in the face, and saying:

(Effie) - Any last words before you lose?

I've only got one chance, and I don't believe photo is going to make it out of the ring alive if I don't help. I reach out with the force, and use as much energy as I can charge, before waving my hand in front of her face.

(Y/N) - Sleep.

I fall flat on my ass, as she falls over sideways, and conks right out, right in the middle of the arena, and Arthur looks on in shock. Photo chooses to capitalize on this, and targets the vagus nerve. Arthur is out in mere seconds, and I shakily get to my feet, struggling through the pain in my rib. Several pieces of my visor fall from my face, and clatter to the floor, revealing small parts of my face. Photo and I walk out as the crowd begins to cheer, celebrating our victory. I lie down on the bench in the commons, as BD-1 hops from our supplies, and takes care of my injuries.

Ugh... is the next match going to be against Leo's retainers? If what I've heard about Niles is true, and Odin is as off his damned rocker as people claim he is, then the next match could be... interesting. They're a lot more crafty than Elise's retainers...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elise P.O.V.

I managed to heal my retainer's injuries, despite them not having much more than a few bruises.

(Effie) - Lady Elise, you didn't have to.

(Elise) - I know. I wanted to!

(Niles) - Oh, my! It seems Arthur is still out cold.

(Elise) - Well, I can heal physical injuries, but unconsciousness is another thing entirely. I'm not able to wake him up yet.

(Camilla) - No need to worry, Elise. You've made advancements in your art just like us. 

(Leo) - Although, the strange knight seems to have more than skills with whatever form of swordplay he's using, he also seems to be able to influence reality to an extent.

(Effie) - Lord Leo... you may have a point. Before I blacked out, he waved his hand in front of my face, and told me to sleep.

(Odin) - I can tell this 'Mystery Knight' is going to be a fierce opponent! Every fiber of my body is tingling, knowing that he is our opposition in the next round!

(Niles) - Calm down, tiger. Though, I must admit, it will be fun to try and tease him... I wonder how the next fight will go...

I have to be honest, I'm curious, too. Who is that guy? And where'd he get his training?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

639 words. Not bad. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and have a wonderful (Time of day)!