Chapter 7: Details

Y/N P.O.V.

The clanging of swords rings out across the spire rooftop as Corrin struggles against Xander's onslaught. She's barely able to make it back to the opened dragon vein in time to heal.

(Y/N) - I understand that she needs to be able to best him in order to be freed of this stone hell, but how exactly is this 'equal ground'?

(Leo) - I'm not sure what you mean.

(Y/N) - Corrin is handling herself well against Xander's attack, in spite of the fact that she's barefoot, and he's riding a horse.

(Leo) - She needs to learn how to overcome disadvantages. Putting Xander on horseback was the best example we could get without serious harm.

(Y/N) - ...Fair enough.

(Leo) - I still can't believe you were a mercenary.

(Y/N) - Hey, my ride needed repairs. Repairs meant parts, parts meant money, money meant jobs, and the best I could get was requests on the hitman-for-hire board in the mercenary guild. It was all circumstantial.

(Leo) - ...I can understand that.

 As the battle rages on in front of us, I can't help but think back to what happened at Castle Krakenburg, when father asked for details.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback: Two days ago.

Location: Nohr - Castle Krakenburg, Throne Room.

Father sat in his over-glorified ivory chair, waiting for the rest of us. It had been a week since the tournament had been cancelled, and I was getting used to the not-so-advanced environment around me. He had called my siblings and I to the castle for information on my galactic travels.

Corrin, however, wasn't allowed to come, being relegated to the tower, and such.

Once the doors opened, everyone that stood before him bowed, before facing him, myself included.

(Garon) - My son. How are you, now that you've come home?

(Y/N) - I won't lie, father, it took some getting used to, everything feels different. Especially after going from world to world, one after another for so long.

(Iago) - Well, I must say, my king, I feel safer already. Having a Jedi on our side of the war will surely grant us victory!

(Xander) - Iago-

(Y/N) - Pardon my bluntness, Sycophant, but I am a Jedi, not a god. I have my faults.

(Iago) - A Jedi? Faults?

(Y/N) - Less so than the amount of which you have, but yes.

Everyone was silent for a while. I certainly haven't seen Gunter so shocked since I came back.

(Garon) - ...Interesting.

(Y/N) - Forgive me, Father. Master Kestis taught me many things. Holding my tongue was not one of them.

(Leo) - ...Evidently. 

(Elise) - But isn't honesty the best policy?

(Y/N) - Not always. More often than not, it tended to get me shot at.

(Elise) - O-oh...

(Garon) - So you experienced danger under the Jedi's tutelage?

(Y/N) - Yes, however, Master Kestis always made sure that It was nothing I was unable to manage.