Destiny

“Thank goodness,” Fluke says, rubbing his cheeks from the strain of smiling the whole night. “I thought I would never get to be with you guys again. Thanks for waiting! I owe you.”

“Oh my Goddd,” Earth squeals, wrapping his arms around his best friend. “You’re part of the royal family now! There’s no turning back! But no number of Special Agents will stop me from shaving your head in your sleep if you forget about us.”

“I could never,” Fluke says, hugging Earth back and moving to hug the others as well. “I really can’t get over how handsome you all look tonight.”

“Us? What about you?” Boun says, squeezing Fluke as tightly as he could. “You’re glowing!”

“And please put your hand away before you blind any of us,” Earth teases, admiring the lovely sapphire engagement ring on Fluke’s hand. “It’s so beautiful!”

“It is, isn’t it? The King and Queen had it made for us… I kind of feel awkward wearing something so extravagant.”

“What are you talking about,” Boun instinctively replies. 

“You deserve it!” Earth says, sighing as he takes Fluke’s hand to stare at the ring even more. “It suits you so well….”

“Thanks, guys,” Fluke says, his cheeks turning a soft pink from the happiness he felt. “I’m still getting used to all this. But P’Ohm said the same thing…”

“People in love stink,” Prem says mockingly, sticking his tongue out and wrinkling his nose. 

“Oh no,” Fluke immediately says, resting his hands on Prem’s shoulders. “He had alcohol didn’t he? No wonder he’s been quiet till now. Prem? Are you alright?”

“Pff! Me? I’m fined. I mean, finedT! I’m alright,” he says, smiling so widely that his eyes disappeared. The young man wraps his arms around Fluke and almost stumbles into their embrace. “I’m just really happy, so very happy for you! The happiest! And I’m also proud of you! So, so proud!” 

“I forgot to tell you guys,” Fluke says to the other two, struggling to keep steady with Prem’s weight on him. “Prem can’t handle alcohol, like at all. How much did he have?”

“Just the same thing I had. Couple shots of whiskey? And two glasses of champagne? Maybe three? I don’t know; I wasn’t really counting,” Boun replies, a worried look forming on his face. 

“Oh, dear. He probably didn’t want to seem weak in front of you,” Fluke says. “He gets this way when he gets drunk. He’s fine now but we need to get him out of here before he starts dancing.”

“Dancing?” Earth says, trying hard to hide the delight on his face. “He’s a happy drunk?”

“A VERY happy drunk. He’ll start dancing around and telling people how much he loves them if we don’t make an exit plan for him.”

“What a glorious day! I’m in the Palace, Fluke becomes a royal, and now I’ve finally found my clubbing buddy! Perfect!” Earth says, smiling. “Prem, sweetie, you’re amazing!”

“And so are you, Earth! I mean, really! Just look at how talented you are! You’ve managed to make P’Boun look even hotter in that suit,” Prem blurts out, surprising everyone around him. 

Boun’s face turns beet red in a heartbeat, and everyone else is too shocked to respond. Even Earth was too surprised to retort anything back. But before anyone could say anything, someone with impeccable posture joined their conversation. 

“Who’s hot?” Prince Ohm asks, giving warm smiles to everyone. “Good evening K’Earth, K’Boun, K’Prem… I’m so happy you made it tonight.”