Chapter (53): A Slap To Snap

Start from the beginning

"No, I swear. Look, if you don't want to see her than stay away from her but don't ruin your night because she is here, okay? We want to celebrate and this is the perfect place for the three of us"

"... You are right. I won't let her ruin my night"

"That's the spirit!"

They returned back to their seats and Steve went to get the drinks for them to stop any clash that could happen between the two ex-lovers. He rested his elbows on the counter a little sad but also happy for seeing his friend.

"Your drinks" she said sighing.

"Danni, I'm sorry, I didn't know you work here"

"It's fine" She waved it off.

"We just finished the finals and needed a new place to celebrate for a change"

"Steve, you don't have to explain anything to me, okay?" He nodded. "Just take the drinks and have fun with them. I'm okay, don't worry about me"

She gave him a reassuring smile and he went back to them with the drinks. Tina was watching the situation from the beginning as she was drying the glasses next to her. She looked at the red head afar from them and looked back at Danni who stole a quick glance at the red head.

"Your ex?"

"Steve? No, he is just a friend"

"I'm not talking about the dude. I'm talking about the red head"

"... Yeah"

"Hmm. She is cute" she said casually, shrugging. "Do you still have feelings for her?"

"Umm... I don't know. We broke up a few months ago and we weren't on good terms so..."

"That doesn't answer my question. Do you still have feelings for her?" She looked at Danni who leaned her hands on the bar counter looking down and her curly hair fell down, covering her eyes.

Danni raised her head and looked at Avery who locked eyes with her then turned her attention back to her friends.

"I guess I still do" She answered.

*****************************

Back at the booth, Avery was stealing glances at Danni every once in a while and when she looks away she feels Danni's eyes on her. She took a sip from her martini and turned her attention back to April who was talking about her last summer trip to Africa. When Avery turned to look at Danni, she saw her hugging a pretty tanned woman in a loving hug and they pulled away looking at each other's eyes then the tanned woman gave her a kiss on her cheek before she left. Avery's blood boiled and she balled her fist underneath the table from the jealousy and she chugged down her martini in one shot.

"Ave, you okay?" asked April.

"Yes. I'm gonna get more. Anyone wants anything? No?! Okay!"

They both shared a look again and watched Avery go to the bar to another bartender. She ordered tequila shots this time and took them one after one then she glanced back at Danni who was busy taking someone's request. Avery saw a single man sitting in front of Danni, holding his vodka, so she went up to him and sat next to him.

"Hi, there" she said flirtatiously.

"Well, hello, gorgeous" he said looking her up and down.

"You here alone?"

"I guess but not for long" He smirked and she smiled flirtatiously at him.

Danni noticed Avery's flirtation with the man and tried to ignore her attitude.