Chapter (53): A Slap To Snap

Magsimula sa umpisa

Whereas Danni was working, the gang arrived at the same club at 8:00 PM where it was packed and became loud with the music booming through the speakers.

"This is the place?" asked Avery.

"Uh... Yeah. Looks great isn't it?"

"Yes. It's wider and more crowded than the other one" said Avery.

"This one has two floors actually" said Steve.

"How did you know about this place?" asked April.

"A friend of mine took his girlfriend here and they loved it so I said to myself why not give it a try"

"Are you gonna keep talking or we start moving and find us a booth?" said Avery and they both chuckled.

They found an empty booth and the three took their places with April and Avery beside each other while Steve sat across from them.

"So, what are we having?" asked Steve rubbing his hands together. "Shots, Martini, Wine, Whiskey. What exactly?"

"I'll have Martini" said April.

"Me too"

"Okay, I'll get us the drinks. You two wait here"

He stood up and turned around smiling, dancing to the music then he froze in his place when he spotted a familiar face behind the counter at the bar. He turned to April and glared at her then at Avery. April didn't understand and Avery was looking through her phone, not paying attention to her friends who were communicating through their eyes.

"April, could you come with me for a second?" said Steve.

"Um... okay" He grabbed her arm and took her away from Avery to a quieter place near the restroom.

"Steve, what's with all the looks?"

"Danni is here"

"What? Where?"

"She is bartending. She works as a bartender here"

"Did you know about this?"

"No, I swear but if Avery sees her it's not gonna be good for Danni or for Avery herself. Maybe we should get out of here!"

Her eyes went back to the booth but couldn't find Avery.

"...Too late" She pointed at Avery who was heading to the bar.

He turned around and saw where she was pointing. "Crap!"

********************************

"A glass of neat whiskey, please" A man requested.

"Coming right up" said Danni grabbing the glass of whiskey from behind.

"Excuse me, can I have two martinis and one tequila shot?" said Avery.

"Sure"

She turned around and froze in her place when she met Avery's eyes. They both stared at each other for 5 seconds. They both missed each other so bad, it was hard for them to separate. The man who ordered whiskey cleared his throat and Danni tore her eyes away from her but Avery kept looking at her with hurtful eyes that were becoming watery sooner than she thought.

"Sorry. Here is your drink" She handed him the drink with a small smile.

"Thank you" She nodded and looked again at Avery who turned around, leaving with a painful expression over her face, but April rushed by her side before she could leave the club.

"Avery... Don't leave"

"She is here. Was this part of your plan?" She wiped a tear from her eyes.