Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

I giggled at his playfulness. I have never seen a boss like him. He is so laid back and generous. He doesn't tolerate mistakes from others but he does with me. I remember the day I ruined an important file I was supposed to work on for presentation. I thought he would scold me and worse of all fire me but he surprised me by rather comforting me.

Getting out of his office, I took out my phone to call the nanny. Mr. Taylor was right .Damn! he is always right. Even though I am convinced that my son is alright, I couldn't help but to think of him.

"Hello Ma'am!"

"Nancy how is junior? was he able to finish his food?"

"He is fine. No he wasn't but he ate better than yesterday."

"And his medication? have you given them to him?"

"Not yet. He took the ones before meals but he is yet to take the ones after meals. His temperature is normal now but he is a little down."

I nodded knowing that she couldn't see me. It was more like I was assuring myself that everything is fine. I completely understood what she meant by Junior being down. Even though he is just two years, he is the life of the house. He is the first to wake up and makes sure he wakes everyone up. He is mostly hyper being one reason I don't give him anything containing sugar. Well you can say I have placed him on a sugar free diet

"What about Mari-Luna?"

"She is fine. She is playing as usual in the play pen." I knew that her brother's sickness has affected her in a way but I am grateful that she found a way of making herself happy.

"Good. I will be home soon. Make sure you don't open the door to strangers and don't forgot Junior's medication."

"Okay I won't."

'My children, My pride'. I have heard this saying a couple of times before I became a mum and I totally agree with it. My kids have become my reason to live and my only motivation for my hard work. I never would have believed it two years ago that I would be this fulfilled. I never got to go to medical school but my children have become my greatest dream and achievement and with them, I don't care about any of my other dreams: they are just enough for me.

I always felt there was more than a baby within me due to how fast my bump was growing but when the doctor confirmed it, It brought some kind of peace and joy to me and the fact that I would be bringing two lives into this world became more real. Mari-Luna came first born at thirty nine weeks weighing 3.4kg followed by Junior who was much lighter weighing 2.5kg. Unlike Junior, Luna is calm and meek and doesn't eat much. She was an ideal baby who doesn't cry much and prefers her state of mind to causing trouble with her brother. They completely have opposite personalities and trust me it was not easy adjusting it. Most of all none of them look like me. Well junior had my nose and lips but Luna looks completely different. She looked more like ....... No it's absurd. He is not their father. I have been telling myself every time that it is impossible, But Luna growing more like him everyday confused me. How can this be?

"Hey Emily what has got you day dreaming right in front of boss' office." Nicholina, A departmental supervisor who has become one of my closest friends teased

"Well you know, the usual."

"Your kids?"

"Exactly! who else?

"Wow Girl I envy you. You make motherhood look so beautiful. If this is how kids make their parents happy then I need to find a jerk who will make me pregnant ASAP. I need to have that fantastic grin you are having on your face on mine."

"In as much as I'm happy it is not easy taking care of two toddlers."

"I know. You are very brave dear. I don't think I would be able to endure this alone. I remember when you first started working here. The pain you were feeling during your morning sickness seems unbearable. I watch you cry and empty every food you ate into the toilet. I saw your struggle so if there is anyone happy for you, it would be me. I am happy that you have found joy in your struggles."

"Oh see what I have done.I am making you cry."

"Oh no! I am okay. Your words are so touching Nicho. Thank you."

"Hey no more cryi......."

"Excuse me, I am Looking for the accounts department."

That voice!

Hey guys hope you enjoyed this chapter. kindly leave a comment and a like. If you haven't followed yet please do. Also i have entered a contest on dreame.com with a story Titled Mine to steal. Kindly check it out and vote for me. I will update that book as much as i can but i promise you will like it and it's free