Ch 6 Initiation Pt 2

Y/N POV

I fly through the air and slowly descend towards the ground. I sprout a shadowy tendril from my right arm and sling it like a whip. The tip catches the top of a tree and I pull it taut which pulls me towards the tree. I follow the momentum and spiral down the tree until I reach the ground. I stand up straight and recoil the tendril back into my arm. I focus my sense of smell and find my sister's scent; I follow it and come across some Beowolves. They growl at me and charge towards me; I fall into my shadow and spring out of the Beowolf's shadow while using my sword to behead it.

I reform the tendril on my left arm and wrap it around the second Beowolf. I lift it up and slam it into the third Beowolf. I then tighten the tendril until the Beowolf is cut in half. I run at the last Beowolf and it swipes at me. I slide in between its feet and cut it down the middle. The last Beowolf turns to dust and I put my sword back in my shadow. I continue on my way until I come across the temple Ozpin said would be here. I collect my piece and smell my sister nearby.

Blake: "Hey Y/N."

Y/N: "Hey Blake."

Yang: "You didn't find a partner?"

Y/N: "No, I decided to just come here."

I look at Blake and she is looking up at the sky. I look up and see Ruby falling out of the sky. That blonde boy, who I heard is called Jaune, comes flying and crashes into Ruby taking her with him. They collide into a tree and Nora comes crashing in on the back of a Ursa.

Nora: "Aww, it's broken."

Ren: "Nora, please don't ever do that again."

Nora zooms off of the Ursa and to the relics. She grabs the queen piece and proclaims into the air.

Nora: "I'm queen of the castle! I'm queen of the castle!"

Ren: "Nora!"

Nora: "Coming Ren."

The craziness continues with a red head spartan running from the trees with a Deathstalker on her tail. Ruby gets our attention and directs it to the sky where we see Weiss holding on for dear life to the talon of a Nevermore.

Blake: "She's gonna fall."

Ruby: "She'll be fine."

Ren: "She's falling."

I sigh and hold out my hands; two shadow hands form and stretch out towards Weiss. They grab her and pull her to safety. I set her down and retract the shadow arms.

Weiss: "Thank you."

Y/N: "Don't mention it."

Pyrrha is hit by the Deathstalker and lands in front of us.

Yang: "Great the gang's all here. Now we can die together."

Ruby: "Not if a I can help it."

Ruby unfolds her weapon and runs at the Deathstalker. She gets swat away and then swiftly runs away. However the Nevermore throws some of its feathers and one hooks and pins Ruby's hood. The Deathstalker lifts back its stinger but has it caught by a ice wall Weiss made.

Jaune: *points to Nevermore* Guys that thing is circling back. What are we going to do?"

Weiss: "Look, there's no sense in dilly-dallying," *looks at relics* "Our objective is right in front of us."

Ruby: "She's right. Our mission is to grab a artifact and make it back to the cliffs. There's no point in fighting these things."

Jaune: "Run and live. That is a idea I can get behind."

They all grab a piece and we run away as fast as we can. We make it to the cliffs but get cut off by the Nevermore throwing its feathers. We take cover behind some ruins when the Deathstalker appears and we run away. Nora fires grenades at the Nevermore which allows us to make it closer to the cliffs. The Nevermore breaks the bridge leaving me, Blake, the spartan and Ren separated from the others. Weiss and the others fire at the Nevermore but all it does is make it mad and destroy the platform they were on.

Weiss: "None of this is working!"

Ruby: "Y/N, see if you can keep it still!"

I nod and pour my semblance into my shadow and create a giant hand. It grabs the Nevermore and keeps it in place.

Ruby: "Thanks!"

Y/N: "No problem!"

She propels herself into the air with her scythe then fires herself downwards cutting the head off of the Nevermore. I see the spartan throw her shield at the Deathstalker's stinger and knocking it off.

Jaune: "Y/N launch Nora!"

I wrap a tendril around Nora and fling her into the air. She brings down her hammer and slams it on top of the stinger killing the Deathstalker. The Nevermore and Deathstalker both turn to ash and we regroup to head to the cliffs.