✧༺Six༻✧

The last day of her stay at the hospital, Lavender received a surprise. Around 6 am. fast asleep suffling was heard in Lavender's room.

Kimmy her son Wayne and her husband  Joshua came front the Southern side of their small country.

Joshua held his son in one hand while he wheeled his wife next to her sisters bed side. He was well aware of what she was going to do, but if he protested against it she would argue with him, because of her determination. Kimmy leaned over near to her sisters ear and after approximately 3 seconds she shouted in her ear. The shouting was only pound enough for those in the room to hear.

Lavender shot up immediately from her sleep and held her ear.

"Good morning!" Kimmy said greeting her with a bright smile. Lavender looked at her and rolled her eyes. She layed back in the bed and turned her back to her sister.

Lavender was in fact happy to see her sister, but she also wanted to go back to sleep. Which was something her sister wasn't going to allow.

Kimmy started poking her sisters sides. When she finally had enough Lavender turned around to her.

"Aren't you happy to see me?" Kimmy asked sighing holding her hand over her heart.

"Hi Joshua, may I have my nephew please." She said skipping over her annoying big sister to her brother-in-law.

"Hey Lav." He said to her and did a side hug before hanging over the sleeping 2 year old to her.

"Miss." Kimmy said staring at her sister with an annoyed gaze.

"Oh, hi Kimmy. Didn't see you there, how's the family?"  Lavender finally said to her while playing with her nephews hair.

"I dislike you." She said and wheeling back over to her husband.

"I dislike the fact that you woke me up so early."

"I dislike the fact that you have my son. Joshua go take back Wayne from her." Kimmy complained.

"I'm not getting between the both of your argument." He said raising his hands in the air and walked to step out of the room.

Lavender stuk out he tongue at her sister and they continued with their 'I dislike the fact' argument until Wayne woke up and their mother walked in.

"I'm sick and tired of you two."  She said and shook her head.

The sisters broke out laughing when they heard their mother say that.

"Haved you packed your things yet?" She asked her youngest child. Their laughter stopped and they glanced at each other before glancing back to their mother with angelic smiles.

"Grama," Wayne said stretching out for his grandmother.

"When your doctor comes here and gives you the ok, whatever you haven't pack is staying here. Kimmy where's Joshua?" Maryam said with a stricken tone then took her grandson.

"He's probably back in the car. He left about an hour ago." Kimmy said as she kissed her sons forehead before he left the room.

When the door closed Kimmy turned to her sister with a mischievous grin. "Is doctor Quinn by any chance the least bit attractive to you?" Kimmy never really cared which race the boy she dated came from. After all Joshua is part Indian part black. Lavender on the other hand was only sticking to one race and it was those who fall in the mixed fetish. Black women who often date outside their race is more that likely criticized. 

"I'm not in need of a relationship. I just got out of one that could have killed me if you don't remember." Lavender said grabbing the bag she was given to put her things in.

"I know that. Buttttt your doctor seems perfect for you." Kimmy said drawing out the word but.

"Only the father up in heaven can tell me my type. Until then I'm going to stay single, I don't want to ever come across a freak to be my boyfriend. Besides, I don't date ever racial group" Lavender said throwing her clothes into the bag.

"You only day that because you don't like discrimination. Nobody's nice these days sis." Kimmy said rolling her arms.

Lavender remained silent, what her sister said was true. But she just couldn't handle so much negativity. She already had insecurities and she didn't want people to lower her self esteem any more.

"He's a married man Kimmy. His wife is the one that does my ultrasounds." She told her  it was no louder than a whisper.

"His wife looks his sister then." Kimmy said as she remembered their features.

The sisters stayed quiet until it was time for the doctor to come in. When Quinn came in Kimmy asked him if they could speak outside away from her sisters ear shot.

"Hi I'm Kimmy, Lavender's older sister." She said reaching out her hand for a handshake.

"I'm Dr. Quinn, nice to meet you." He said passing her a friendly smile.

"I don't want to intrude, but are you married?" She asked him staring him down.

A slight blush crept on his cheeks, "No?"he replied which sounded more like a question.

"Good, I'm a married woman so I'm not doing this for me. But please give me your number or some type of social media so that I can give it to someone. I'm not gonna give it to a random person though."

"Am sure, this is my snap..." He said giving it to her.

She quickly took a picture of his user name and saved it to her gallery.

"May u ask why your in a wheelchair?" He said as they walked back to Lavender's room.

"I got into a car accident that left part of my body paralyzed." She said and brushed it off as if it was nothing.

"Okay Miss Owen nothing has changed overnight unfortunately. So you are free to go today." Turner said unfortunately under his breath so no one could hear him. Lavender was by far his favorite patient.

He escorted the females to the front doors after a ride down the elevator. When they came down they were greeted by a joyful 2 year old running over to his mother.

"Bye, Dr. Turner" The sisters said in union.

"Bye, Ms Owens and Mrs. Owens," He said smiling to them.

"Bubye!" Wayne yelled over to the doctor.

"Bye Bye to you as well baby Owens."

The family walked out of the hospital and piling into Joshua's blue SUV. The sisters sat next to each other with Wayne in between them.

As the journey began Lavender looked outside quietly. The view outside the window was captivating, as well as the sounds. She had been locked in the house all day when Felix was alive. Now she was free from him for good, but a reminder of what he did was going to be seen each time she stared at her reflection.

While Lavender was busy staring out the window Kimmy was, setting up the phone she begged her husband to buy for her sister. It wasn't as experience as experience as their phones, it was a simple Samsung Galaxy A5. A sim card, memory card and all other necessary apps were already downloaded on the phone.

Kimmy slipped the phone over to her sister, dropping it in her lap.

Lavender looked at the phone and then to her sister and mouthed a thank you. After a few hours of driving they finally arrived back to her childhood home she last saw when she was 19.

𝔸𝕟
Go back up to the cast list to see how the other characters look. So once you hear someone new mentioned they might be there or I'm still looking for someone that fits them. Until next week love y'all and stay safe. ❤