|✧༺two༻✧|

The doctor that was Lavender assigned to lavender was due for his annual vacation. Another doctor took over for him. Instead of an old grey male, or female a nice looking young man walked in the room and introduced himself.

"Hello Ms. Lavender, I'm going to be your new doctor. My name is doctor Quinn Turner." Quinn had a sharp jaw line, cizzild and clean shaven, pale skin, brown eyes almost as dark as his hair. His eyebrows were plentiful but fit just perfectly on his face.

Lavender gave him a soft smile, which later returned. She looked straight ahead of her eyes placed on the TV while she rubbed her small bump. Quinn checked her vitals and everything seemed fine, he then remembered she had no emergency contact. Because Felix was dead.
"Do you have any other emergency contacts? Your partner was the only one I saw on the list."

She thought back on what Felix had made her missed out on, because of his controlled ways. Hoping her mother still had the same number, she gave it to him. "And how is she related to you?" He asked jotting down the number by the side of the clipboard.

"My mother." She said and it feels like the weight on her shoulders had lifted.

"I'll go call her, remember if there's anything you need the bottom is right by your head." He reminded her and stepped out of the room closing the door behind him.

➷PHONE CALL➷

"Hello is this Mrs. Owens?" Quinn asked into the phone after the person picked up.

"Yes this is she" She said back to the caller.

"I'm calling about your daughter Lavender Owens, sh-" He was cut of by the sounds of tears and sobs on the phone. "Mrs. Owens?"

"Am sorry it's just that I haven't heard from my daughter in a while. But isn't this the hospitals number?" Sheriel asked seeming confused.

"Yes this is Yellow Springs Hospital, the North Branch one." He confirmed her suspicions.

"What is my daughter doing there?" She almost yelled into the phone.

"She was a victim of a fire. Out of two she's the only survivor, of I remember correctly."

"Oh my, is she okay?" Concern washed over the mother.

"She does have burns over her body, but luckily the Fire department got their sooner. Mrs. Owens why don't you come to the hospital, where we can talk more deeper into the subject.

"May I ask another question?" The woman asked into the phone. "Who was the one that didn't make it?"

"It was her emergency contact Felix MacFarlane." He replied to the woman.

"He was the reason why I never saw my baby." She said crying into the phone.

"When will you be able to make it here?"

"I currently can't afford a plane ticket right now to travel from the East to the North sides of the country." The woman sighed deeply into his ear.

"Don't worry about it Miss, one of my cousins own a private plane, you could use."

"No no no, I couldn't let you do that for me."

"It wouldn't be a bother ma'am. Just call me back at this number, 1------"

"Oh my gosh, thank you young man. May God bless you,thank you very much."

"No worries Mrs. have a nice day."

➹CALL ENDED➹

Being in the hospital for more than a month was becoming very boring to Lavender. Day in day out she'd be seeing the same greyish looking walls. The healthy foods that her first doctor suggested was becoming tasteless.

Feeling a wave of confidence in herself, Lavender felt like she could start walking on her own again. Sitting all day wasn't her cup of tea. When she stood, her legs slightly trembled. After a few seconds her left leg gave out due to the weight of body. Struggling to keep balance in her other leg, she decided to go back and sit down.

While going back to sit she lost balance, which cause her to fall to the ground and pump her head on the post of the bed. Groaning loudly, a nurse walked in and saw that she was on the ground. The nurse tried to assist her back onto the bed, but was too weak to lift her up on her own.

The doctor came back in and picked her off the ground and placed her back into the bed. Her puffy locs had lessen the impact.

When Dr. Turner placed her back on the bed, he told her "your mother should be coming to visit you sometime this week. I just finished a call with her." He said going over her vitals for the second time to make sure everything was okay.

"Did she say anything else?" Lavender asked eger to know if there was anything else she would have added.

"She said that your late boyfriend. Was the cause of her not seeing you for so long. What did she mean by that? You don't have to answer that if your uncomfortable." Being that his mother was a therapist and his father being a physcatrist he knew how to deal with patients who were in difficult situations.

"Oh, am. A while after Felix and I started dating, like a few months after he asked me to move in with him. I agreed. Wrist mistake of my entire life. He was mental, I think. He didn't want me to go out, always wanted to see what I was doing on my phone. He made me stop working because men would stare. When my family he used to act like an angel when they left he showed his true colours to me. I wanted to leave him, many times I thought about it. I even tried it once." She said then her voice began to crack. A tear ran down her face.

Quinn began rubbing her back in his efforts to calm her nerves. "How long had you two been together?"

"When this happen it would be two years." She said mentioning to the left side of her body which the fire affect most.

"Did he hurt you other than emotionally?" Turner asked in the calmest voice he could possibly muster.

"He had a drinking problem, he would come home drunk every night there was problems at his job. He did it once not so long ago when we got into a fight. I was knocked unconscious by the blow he left on my head,I think he got scared so he didn't do it again. He also did other stuff, but am not comfortable mentioning right now." She said looking away from him.

"That's okay-" He was cut off by the ringing of his phone. "Will you excuse me." She nodded and watched him walk out of the room.

A smile crept onto her face because he was being so kind to her. Something she hadn't experienced in a while. Kindness