Christmas day

December 25, 1994

Skylar's pov:

I wake up at around 8:30 and sit with stretching while rubbing my eyes.

I get out of bed, fixing it up and get ready for the day. Then I realized what day it was, it's Christmas Day.

Luckily it was Sunday so we didn't have any classes & since it's winter break we don't have classes for several more days or so.

The events of last night have been playing through my mind as I slept and now as I was getting ready for the day.

I couldn't believe last night happened. It felt like it was just all a dream I just woken up from.

Once I finish getting ready I head down to the great hall for breakfast. When I walk inside I already see students taking their seats, the ones who stayed for the holidays, many students went back home for Christmas Day/to enjoy the rest of break with family, and the professors at the teachers table.

I walk up to the teachers table and take my seat next to Professor Snape.

Professor dumbledore- "good morning & merry Christmas to you all. Now that everyone is here let's all enjoy a delicious Christmas breakfast feast!" He says happily then food and drinks appear on all the tables.

I start eating along with everyone. Amongst the tables of students there was chatter of what they gotten for Christmas from each other and from relatives.

I look over at Snape for a moment, we exchange a look for a moment before continuing to eat. I start chatting with Professor mcGonagall and Professor Dumbledore as have a delicious morning breakfast.

As I chat with the professors I remember that Snape wants me to come to his classroom after breakfast.

I wondered why since we were on Christmas break but I wasn't going to disobey. Did he want to talk about last night?

Once I finish breakfast I exit the hall and head down to Snape's classroom and I go inside sitting at my desk as I wait for Snape to arrive.

A few minutes later Professor Snape enters and shuts the classroom door shut as he heads over in my direction 

"Hello Professor, is there something you needed to discuss?"

Professor Snape looks at me in his usual stone faced voice and spoke in his monotone voice

Professor- "yes miss dove, a couple things actually"

I looked at him as I listen

Professor Snape- "last night, we know what happened last night particularly what happened before you went to bed last night."

"Yeah"

Professor Snape- "I have been thinking about it and I thought maybe you would like to get a butter beer sometime?" He says monotonely looking at me curiously wondering what I will say

I tried not to look too surprised but I was, He was asking me out? I know he was jealous of me dancing with Draco last night and us having kissed before I went to sleep but I didn't think he wanted to continue on that path.

He looks at me waiting for my reply

I smile lightly "I would love to"

Professor Snape- "perfect, since Hogwarts is currently on Christmas break we can go to the leaky cauldron after lunch"

I smile "I look forward to it Professor"

Professor Snape- "you may call me severus miss rose"

I nod "ok"

Professor Snape- "now onto the second thing I wanted to discuss"

I watched as he turned around and grabs something from his desk then walks over to me and extends his arms holding a wrapped box

I take it gently and I look at him "Severus you didn't have to get me anything"

Now I started to feel bad that I didn't get anything for Christmas.

As if he's reading my mind he says

Professor Snape- "open it miss dove and you don't have to worry about getting me anything"

I look at him for a moment then I look down at the gift, unwrap the paper and open the box and pull out what is inside.

It's an emerald green necklace. The chain was silver and the middle was a rounded emerald, a real emerald.

I smile at him "Severus this is beautiful. You didn't have to get me this"

Professor Snape- "ah but I wanted to miss dove. You deserve it for being an excellent assistant and for having made last night one of the best days I had in a years"

I feel a blush rise to my cheeks "thank you severus this is amazing"

Professor Snape- "you're welcome"

I stand up looking at him

Professor Snape- "would you like me to help you put it on?"

I go turn around in front of him and he puts the necklace on for me

I smile as I go look in the mirror "wow.."

Professor Snape- "I thought you would like it. Now people will know" he turns me around and looks at me "that you're mine"

He places his hand on my cheek and looks at me with his dark brown almost black eyes and he kisses me, I smile and return the kiss happily.

I couldn't wait for our first date tomorrow