Back at Hogwarts

September 1, 1994

Skylar's pov:

It was the first day of the new school year, all the students will be returning to hogwarts for the sorting ceremony & the welcoming feast. And I am returning to hogwarts as well, not as a student, but as an assistant.

I graduated from hogwarts 3 years ago, i know it wasn't that long ago but it feels like I haven't been there in ages.

During my years at hogwarts I was known as a prefect, had the top grades & I was also a slytherin. To many people this was An unlikely combination but it didn't bother me.

I was finally coming back to the place I called home, even though I was now an assistant, it was better than nothing. When I found out that an assistant position for one of professors was open, I knew it gave me the opportunity to come back. It also was going to be giving me experience to eventually become a professor; a profession I wanted to go into. When dumbledore told me that I got the job, I couldn't be happier, I was looking forward to this new chapter in my life.

It's now 9:30 am, I just finished getting ready for the day and ate breakfast. I was wearing black dress pants, a dress shirt and a black blazer, with my hair done in a loose curls and my makeup done. I wanted to look professional but not too overdone.

I knew I should get going so I would get there early. I would be sitting at the teachers table since I will be seen as a sort of authority figure, even as an assistant. 

Dumbledore told me I would have sleeping quarters of my own near the teacher's lounge that only I would have access to so I wasn't worried where I was going to sleep.

I then grab my floo powder, blow it into my lit fireplace. It lit green and I step inside with my belongings in hand and clearly say "hogwarts castle. in an instant in about 5 minutes or less, I arrive at the front oak doors of hogwarts and My belongings magically get taken to my sleeping quarters. I smile at the view and step inside.

As I walk down the hall and reach the front doors of the great hall, I see professor McGonagall step into view and a smile appears on her face.

Professor McGonagall- "miss dove, welcome back to hogwarts. You're the new assistant professor correct?"

I nod with a smile "I am, dumbledore didn't tell me who I was being the assistant for, do you know who would that be?"

Professor McGonagall- "ah, yes I do. But professor dumbledore will be announcing & welcoming you during the sorting ceremony. He will then announce who you will be assisting" she smiles

She didn't smile too much but her and I always got along well when I was a student. I always followed her rules and didn't step a toe out of line. She always respected me for that.

I smile "alright, perfect"

Professor McGonagall checks the time

Professor McGonagall- "it's now 9:50, the ceremony doesn't start for a few more hours. The hogwarts express carrying the first years along with the rest of the students of hogwarts, will be leaving kings cross station at 11 & as you know it's quite the journey. For now inside the great hall, I will show you where you will be sitting at, at the teacher's table" she says with a small smile.

Professor McGonagall and I step inside the great hall and of course it hasn't change one bit from when I was last here two years ago. The great hall is decorated for the welcoming feast, candles floating up in the air illuminating the room even more than the regular lights did, the four long tables for each hogwarts house looked the same as well.

She takes up me to the front and none of the professors were here yet since it's still early. She then walks me up the platform where the teacher's table is at and shows me to my seat which has my name on a piece of paper on it so I will remember.