CHAPTER 9 - NO...?

Start from the beginning

"Yaar, tujhe pata hain na." – she replied, with a little persuation in her voice.

I myself felt that now I was irritating her a bit.

"Abhi, woh meri best friend hain, she knows all my secrets." She tried to make a strong statement firmly.

"Oh Acha." I spoke in a taunting tone.

The FLASHBACK (what happened 2 hours ago) (Chapter 8) 

(basically - WHY SHWETA IS SAYING SORRY TO ABHIMANYU?)

She spoke," Abhi, since tune khud ne bola, ki you will directly talk to the person, agar aisa kuch bhi ho, toh can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah sure."

"Preeti ke jaise hi, jab tum tumhaare class mein STD khel rahe thee, you answered my name, right?"

Speechless. I wasn't sure, what to answer. Further, I feared that she would create assumptions in her mind.

"Ahhh, haan." It was a bit soft.

"I am sorry, agar tumko bura laga." I further said, with complete modesty.

Now, probably she wanted to ask me a simple-single question – "Abhimanyu Mantri, tune mera naam tab kyu liya tha?"

But to my contentment, she could not ask that question directly, to me.

"Ahhhhmmmm....Do you really like me? "

"Tune hi bola tha, that we should ask the person directly, taaki koi misunderstandings create na ho, isiliye I am asking you directly."

(Continuation)

"Ahhhh....actually" I was about to say something, just then I heard a voice.

"Mummy, main woh kaam kar dungi aapka baadme..." (A GIRL SPOKE)

I was pretty sure, that this was not Shweta's voice. Now, I was completely shocked and startled, because there was a girl, on the conference call, who was listening to all our talks.

Also, there is a possibility that this girl is listening to our talks, from last 2 hours. I was unquestionably unhappy and tactless with this news. Further on, I was certainly not expecting such thing, from Shweta.

"Shweta, Preeti phone pe hain?" I asked, with a doubt in my assertion.

"Nahi...nahi toh" although Shweta spoke these words, it seemed that she giggled a little, while she spoke, increasing my suspicion.

"Shweta...Preeti phone pe kab se hain...?" I tried to be a bit normal, but I was unhappy, because in the entire conversation, I was talking about Preeti, and then, all of a sudden, I got to know, that she was listening everything.

I waited, but I got no answer. So I repeated my question again.

"Woh pehle se phone pe hi thi, tune mic kyu on kiya?" Shweta called out to Preeti, as all my doubts were true.

"Arre yaar...." I spoke, a little soft, but I was angry and confused how to react.

"Abhi sun, iss mein Shweta ki koi galti nahi hain. Maine hi usko tujhe call karne bola tha..." Preeti tried to give an explanation.