CHAPTER 4 - WHO IS YOUR CRUSH?

Start from the beginning

When Seema aunty introduced Shweta to the members of colony, especially to our group, some of my friends stared at me, as I was her closest acquaintance.

As I was expecting, Kavya was the first person, to shake hands with her, while I helped some of my friends to share their intros with Shweta. We soon began with the first game, a team challenge, wherein it was a mix of many Bollywood rounds – Antakshari, dumsheraaz, rapid fire and so on.

I am not very good in such games, but playing in a group, with team-mates of all age groups is always FUN. The competitions were on, as these were some of the most precious and unforgettable moments, which, I am ready to re-live anytime, in my entire life.

To the end, it was a kind-of dance battle, as they asked each team to send a player in the middle, to show their moves. The crowd cheered as I got into the middle and danced on one of my most favorite song – "Jab bhi koi ladki dekhu, Mera dil deewana bole"

I am sure, the readers might have completed the lyrics in their minds, singing – "OLE OLE".

Just then, when there was a confusion about, who would get into the battle, from the team of which Shweta was a part, I spoke a bit loudly, in the noise of DJ, "By the way, Shweta bohat acha dance karti hain".

That was it. Some of my friends persuaded her, as she came into the middle area and danced. Yes, she is indeed a good dancer, but, I am comparatively better, man.

However, if calling myself better, would indirectly lead to her disgrace, then definitely this is an unfair comparison.

So pathetic teenager, hain Na!

At the end, it was one of the most special Ganpati evenings ever, unforgettable.

That night, after the entire event was over, the 91.1 FM people left, it was me, who initiated this plan, to just sit for some time, with all of my friends together.

Our typical meeting abode – the lawn at my place. But this time, it wasn't just me and my friends, there was a new member in our group for that night, though I wanted her to be a part of my group, forever.

For the very first time, she entered my house, and yes, it was cool and beautiful. We sat in a circle, as Pratyush let his head sink in my lap, as if he was my child.

That was indeed a typical best-friend action!

So, their I introduced Shweta to all my friends, like a proper intro, with these colony buddies asking some questions to her about her hobbies, the reason she had come this evening to our place, our school and ME.

"Kal, kis kisko chutti hain?" Kavya asked, as we got to know this very unhappy fact, that it was only Shweta and me, who had our school tomorrow.

Finally at 10:40, we all decided to get back to our respective homes. "Chalo, main tumko drop kar deta hoon." The only line, which I was repeating to myself, in my heart.

Aunty had sent Shweta, at an odd hour at night, just because, she knew me very well, and the acquaintance.

Therefore, it is my responsibility to drop her back to aunty's home, safely.

Although, Shweta was supposed to walk for less than 2 minutes and Kavya could easily walk with her, still with some presence of mind, I spoke softly," Tu ache se jayengi na, ya chodne aana padega mujhe".

Raaton ki aawargi ki aadat toh, hum dono ko thi.

Shweta replied instantly," Obviously, tujhe toh mujhe chodne aana hi padega"

Although, she did not mean it.

With a big smile on my face, just when I was opening the gate, to go along with her, mom yelled at me, from the balcony," Abhi, aur kitna time hain?" My mom was definitely angry, because it was very late now.