🔱 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺: 𝚂𝚑𝚒𝚙𝚜, 𝚂𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚜, 𝚂𝚞𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜, 𝙾𝚑 𝙼𝚢! 🔱

(Pronouns are kinda f*cky with chapter but bare with me. I tried to get it out asap but I ended up getting writers block after the journal part)

Art by UosaasoU on Deviantart

(Y/N)'s P.O.V, Current Time

I happily wrote out word after word in my journal, humming a song that Gura would occasionally sing. Speaking of Gura, I had no idea where she was, but suspicious giggles could be heard every once in a while, and though they didn't sound like the shark, they did put me on high alert. Whenever I heard one, I would look up to see if I could find the source, to no avail. I was starting to get uneasy. I knew no one could break in with Calli and Kiara around, and nothing could get past Amelia.

"KYAAA!!" I shrieked as a bundle of energy came out of nowhere. Fluffy pink and orange blocked my vision and childish giggles filled the air. I was frozen in shock for a few moments before blinking away the confusion.

"Shinotori!" A stern voice called out. In the doorway a few metres from my writing chair, a ticked off Calli stood. Shinotori, or Shino gave her a meek grin and jumped off the chair. Calli huffed and muttered something that sounded like 'I already have one clingy bird, I don't need another causing a ruckus'. I chuckled and leaned over, affectionately rubbing Shino's head, messing her hair up. She squealed and ran past her mother, shouting

"Come and play, (Y/NN)! Come play!" She shouted narrowly avoiding running into Kiara as she too appeared in the doorway. Kiara grinded fondly after her daughter, then turned to Calli and whispered something in her ear. Kiara gave she a wave before she left to go hunt down Shino.

Calli had a tired expression, and I was fairly certain that Kiara had told her to take a nap. My thoughts were confirmed when Calli gave me a more light-hearted nod before disappearing in the direction of her and Kiara's shared bedroom.

"Nein! Küken! Come back!" Kiara's frantic calls followed by Shino's joyous giggles came from somewhere near the kitchen. I decided that with Calli sleeping, that I should probably give Kiara a hand. I placed my pencil on my current page and placed the journal on the table.

I soon realised that Shino was treating this as a game. She wasn't too fond of her nap time, and usually pulled shenanigans like this, which would then make both of her mothers chase her down. While most of the time both Kiara and Calli would help each other, it became obvious that Calli was definitely the more dominant parent. With Calli's help, it would only take a few minutes to round up Shino, but without her, it could go on for hours, only stopping when Calli stepped in.

A sudden flurry of footsteps made me jerk my head in the direction of the sound. There was Shino, running towards me and looking behind her to see if Kiara was chasing her, not knowing that I was right in front of her. She collided with my legs, causing the both of us to tumbled to the ground. Quickly, I wrapped my arms around the child. She wriggled and squirmed, and I almost let go. Even when she was only 2 1/5, she had strength most humans couldn't achieve. Guess being a reaper/phoenix does that, huh? But since I had experience with holding back bundles of energy (coughcoughGuracoughcough), I was able to hold her in place till Kiara caught up.

She thanked me and quickly whisked Shino off to her room. I just layed on the floor, regaining my breath from my struggles with Shinotori. I heard a very recognisable laugh from just a few metres away. A looked towards the noise, and saw Gura trying to stifle her laughter. I just layed there, staring at her.

"I guess raising sharks came in handy, huh?" She chuckled. I assumed she was referring to Atlantis, the bull shark pup I had rescued. I nodded breathlessly.