I know you did it!

" no I didn't" she says "why would you even think I would or could... To get mike on the football team to ask you out?! I'm not even that good!" "Oh come on" I say "I swear it wasn't me I had nothing to do with it!" "Fine whatever" I say why waste my time arguing when I know she set it up. But yet there's still a nagging voice in my head that says maby she's telling the truth and maybe mike does like me. But that's crazy no guy has ever liked me let alone a football captain! There's just no way that could happen.
"Well this is my stop" said Sarah "bye" I just stare at the window lost in thought as Sarah left. Just thinking after all I still had the hole bus ride home to think. That should give me more time to think and sort things out.
...........................

At home I sit on my bed and made my choice. I'm now be living what my heart wants me to believe, that mike actually wants to go to the dance with me. I stand up on my cold hard floor and walk over to my laptop . I pick it up and carry it with me. As soon as I open Facebook an alert pops up. 'Mike has sent you a friend request' it read my heart filled up with so much joy because if Sarah told him too he wouldn't bother wanting to ask me to be his friend on Facebook! I'm so happy I just might die! I click confirm and mike is now my new friend! Then I see I have another request, one from John... I placed my mouse over to not now button He's really creeping me out now but I guess I'll give him a shot.
I clicked confirm and checked his wall. It was all photos of me... And they where really really good!" Holy crap" I say under my breath I looked breathtaking. He did something to the pictures to make me look nice, that had to be the only answer. I click X of the page and shut my laptop and breath steadily for 5 seconds then stood up and walked over to my mirror. I looked like I always did , not beautiful like he showed me in the pictures. Or maby I was I was just looking at myself wrong I am not quite sure what to believe. All I know is I need a dress for the party, I don't want to look out like a sore thumb there! I check my closet and there's no dresses in there. I'm not the dressy sort of girl and I never had a use for now because I never went to a party until now. All of the sudden I hear the door swing shut and my mom yells "Emily Im home!" I run downstairs and hug her. "Ummm sweaty are you ok you usually don't come bolting down the stairs to say hi!" "Well mom I'm just glad your home!" I say, she doesn't look convinced "ok sweetie she said I know your up to something what do you want?" She says laughing and I join her "well I say this really cute guy today, Mike is his name and he..." "THE MIKE!" She yells excitedly "like the MIKE you have been non stop talking about ever since we came here!" She yells form excitement. "Ya I know!" I say excited my self " but I don't have a dress I was wondering if you had one I could wear?" My moms a tiny person she was never very tall for her age like I am, always the average height but she's lost weight and shrunk a bit so we are around the same size in clothing.
"Oh yes" she cried "I do it's the one I wore to my first high school party!" She explained
"It will fit you nicely!" She said to me wile pushing me up the stairs excitedly. I swear she's more enthusiastic then I am!