And then he was gone. She smiled and looked down at her hands, fiddling with a homemade bracelet.

___

THREE DAYS LATER

I sat in the chair as Quinn stared at the window across the room.

"I wish I could go outside," she said sadly.

I grunted sleepily.

"Think I can get up?" she asked, determination on her face.

"Hershel said you need bed rest," I reminded.

"Yeah, but I'm bored. I wanna get up," she whined. "Please, just to the window? You can help me."

"Fine," I said as I stood. "But only to the window."

She smiled and swung her legs carefully over the side of the bed. I bent down and she wrapped her arms around my neck. Our eyes connected for a second. She leaned in and kissed me while I held her up. I deepened the kiss, but pulled away as I realized she wasn't in the best shape.

We hobbled over to the window and she let go of me, gripping onto the window sill. I left her side, but only for a second as I got her a chair to sit down in. She hesitated, but did so.

"Feels nice to be outta bed." She smiled, her eyes never leaving the window.

"So, I was thinkin' of goin' out and lookin' for Sophia today," I said.

"Just be careful."

"Always am."

"I'll stay here for the day," she said, leaning back, getting comfortable.

"Just don't move until I get back, okay?"

"You got it."

I turned around and walked out the door.

"Bye, Daryl," I heard her call.

I smiled, but stayed quiet.

___

Quinn's POV

Hershel came in about an hour after Daryl left and noticed my new position.

"Daryl helped me. I just couldn't stay in that bed anymore," I confessed.

"I know, but you need to rest until you're healed," Hershel notified.

"I know, I know. I just hate being helpless to the group. I wanna be out there searching for Sophia, I wanna be hunting for dinner. Ya know?"

"Why don't we check up on that wound?" Hershel asked, smiling slightly.

I nodded and lifted my leg. He very carefully unwrapped the bandage.

He smiled. "It's still a little swollen, but it's getting better."

"Think I can get up and walk around now?" I asked excitedly.

"Now let's not get ahead of ourselves," Hershel said. "Here, I'll help you outside to your people and you can take a seat out there. No walking around, though. You need to rest."

"Really?" I asked, my heart racing.

He bent down and I threw my arm over his shoulders. We hopped down the stairs and out the door. I could put pressure on it, but it hurt.
As we headed down towards the camp that the group had set up, Rick and Shane noticed us. They jogged over and took over from Hershel. I wrapped one arm around Shane and one around Rick.

"Can't keep you still, can we?" Rick asked, a smile on his face.

I smiled just as big. "Nope. Been locked up too long for my liking."

We made our way over to the RV. Dale placed a chair out front and I sat down. They got me settled and then walked down towards the camp fire.

Andrea and I made small talk. Even though she could be a bitch, everybody deserves a second chance. Andrea and I eventually stopped talking and she went back to her watch duty.

___

Daryl's POV

I was riding one of Hershel's horses along the river side when I spotted something in the water. It looked like Sophia's doll but I wasn't sure. I jumped off the horse and made my way down to the creek. I waded into the water and sure enough, Sophia's doll came into view. I picked it up and walked back up the hill.

The horse trotted forward and I kept my eyes trained on the water; Sophia could be down there. As we were walking, a flock of crows flew out of the bushes, spooking the horse.

"Whoa, easy, easy."

The horse was walking along fine when a snake slithered and spooked her again. Except this time, I wasn't able to calm her. She flipped me off and I tumbled down the hill, landing in the creek with a hard thud. A shooting pain went through my back and blood filled the water.

"Son of a bitch," I mumbled as I noticed the arrow through my side.

I stood and made my way to the sand. I unsheathed my knife and cut my sleeves off, revealing my bare arms. I tied them in a knot and binded my wound. I looked up the hill that I needed to get to the top of. I was grabbing a stick to use for support when the bushes rustled.

I just then realized that I didn't have my crossbow. I used the stick to fish for it and I found it, lifting it high in the air. I made my way back to the sand and gripped onto a tree, using the stick to pull me up. As I reached a dirt patch and realized the stick would be no help, I dropped it and gripped onto another tree.

"C'mon, stop bein' such a pussy."

I reached for another branch and the dirt loosened, making me fall once again.

I landed with a thud and everything went black.

___

Quinn's POV

Dale climbed down from the RV and handed me a book.

"Here's a book for ya, to keep you occupied. I just finished it. Not that great, but hey."

I flipped through the pages. "Too many words, where are the pictures?"

Dale gave a soft laugh. "Sorry, if I knew the world was ending I would've brought better books."

I laughed and Dale made his way into the RV where Glenn was. I opened the book and started reading, taking my mind off of Daryl. He had been gone for a while now. If he wasn't back soon, I'd have to go looking and nobody would be able to stop me from getting to him.