Crash - crash - crash - door after door flew open along the corridor and people flooded out. For several long minutes, there was a scene of such confusion that Justin was in danger of being squashed and people kept standing in Nearly Headless Nick. Harry and Celeste found themselves pinned against the wall as the teachers shouted for quiet. ProfessorMcGonagall came running, followed by her own class, one of who still had black-and-white-striped hair. She used her wand to set off a loud bang, which restored silence and ordered everyone back into their classes. No sooner had the scene cleared somewhat than Ernie the Hufflepuff arrived, panting, on the scene.

     "Caught in the act!" Ernie yelled, his face stark white, pointing his finger dramatically at Harry and Celeste.

   "That will do, Macmillian!" Professor McGonagall said sharply.

    Peeves were bobbing overhead, now grinning wickedly, surveying the scene; Peeves always loved chaos. As the teachers bent over Justin and Nearly Headless Nick, examining them, Peeves broke into song:

   "Oh, Potter, you rotter, oh, what have you done,                                    Nothing rhymes with Diggory,                                                                         You two are killing off students, you think its good fun-"

    "That's enough Peeves!" Professor McGonagall barked, and Peeves zoomed away backwards, with his tongue out at Harry and Celeste.

     Justin was carried up to the hospital wing by Professor Flitwick and Professor Sinistra of the Astronomy department, but nobody seemed to know what to do for Nearly Headless Nick. In the end, Professor McGonagall conjured a large fan out of thin air, which she gave to Ernie with instructions to waft Nearly Headless Nick up the stairs. This Ernie did, fanning Nick along with like a silent black hovercraft. This left Harry and Celeste alone with Professor McGonagall.

    "This way, Potter, Diggory." Professor McGonagall said. 

     "Profesor," Celeste said at once. "We didn't do anything -"

     "This is out of my hands." Professor McGonagall said curtly.

    They marched in silence around a corner before stopping before a large and extremely ugly gargoyle. 

  "Lemon drop!" McGonagall said. This was evidently a password because the gargoyle sprang to life and hopped aside as the wall behind him split in two. Even full of dread for what was coming, Celeste couldn't help to be amazed.  Behind the wall was a spiral staircase that was moving smoothly upward. As they stepped onto it, Celeste heard the wall thud closed behind them. They rose upward in circles, higher and higher, until at last, they saw a gleaming oak door ahead, with a brass knocker in the shape of a griffin.

        Celeste knew now where they were being taken. This must be where Dumbledore lived.

    They stepped off the stone staircase at the top, and Professor McGonagall rapped on the door. It opened silently and they entered. Professor McGonagall told them to wait.

   Celeste looked around. One thing was certain: out of all of the teachers' offices Celeste had visited so far this year, Dumbledore's was by far the most interesting.

   While Celeste was looking at his objects she didn't notice Harry put on the Sorting Hat. She forgot he was even in the room till he said, "You're wrong."

   "Huh?"

   "Oh, nothing," Harry said sheepishly.

    "That bird seems ill. Looks like it'll drop dead any second." Celeste said, staring at it.