Part 1

Suga could tell something was wrong with Kageyama the moment he saw him throwing balls against the wall.

Tanaka and Nishinoya were watching him helplessly, while Kiyoko and Yachi were talking to the other second-years near the door. Hinata was practicing his receives at the opposite end of the gym.

Suga set down his water bottle and walked up to Tanaka and Nishinoya. "How long has he been at it?"

"We just got here a few minutes ago." Tanaka shrugged. Suga watched Kageyama toss the ball several more times before asking, "Do you know what's wrong with him?"

"He's thinking about Oikawa," Hinata said. Suga turned around; Hinata was holding his ball under his arm and standing behind them. "Oikawa?"

"Well, I'm not exactly sure, but I mentioned Oikawa's serves today during lunch and it looks like a hit a nerve. He's been spaced out ever since. I'll go talk to him."

Hinata approached Kageyama and said something just as everyone else walked in. Suga ran up to Daichi. "Hey, Daichi."

"Yeah?" He asked, setting down his bag. Suga stood next to him, lowering his voice. "Kageyama."

Daichi followed his eyes and noticed Kageyama. "What's up with him?"

"Hinata said he's thinking about Oikawa," Suga said. Daichi shook his head. "Kageyama has a rough past with him, I guess. I think it was more than just Oikawa being his Upperclassman, something neither of them wants to mention." Daichi clapped his back. "Let's get going, okay?"

"Sure." Suga grabbed a volleyball just as Tanaka came up. "Suga, can you help me with my spikes?"

Suga nodded, smiling. "Of course. Hey, Yachi!"

She glanced over from where she was talking with Kiyoko. "Yes?"

"Can you throw us some balls?" Tanaka asked. Yachi glanced at Kiyoko, who nodded. "You should help them."

"On it." She ran over and stood by the volleyball cart. Yachi threw Suga a ball, who tossed it to Tanaka. He slammed it over the net and landed back on his feet. Yachi glanced at Suga. "What's wrong?"

He looked up. "Nothing? Why?"

"I can just tell." She shrugged, and then quickly added, "But you don't have to tell me, of course not!"

Suga straightened. "It's just... I know it's only come up today but I've been thinking about Oikawa and Kageyama for a long time and... I just can't help but get the feeling that it's wrong for them to not work out their problems."

"So what are you going to do?" Tanaka asked causally. Suga repeated, "What am I- who said I'm going to do anything?"

"You just look like it," Yachi said, smiling. Suga paused. "Throw me another ball, Yachi."

"I know but..." Yachi picked up another ball. "You'll do something. I know it."

Tanaka and Suga exchanged glances and stared at Yachi, slightly impressed. She finally looked up. "Okay, let's go!"