I'm falling again

"I don't get it, why does he show up months after we decided to rebuild our relationship on my Opening night and randomly introduces me to his girlfriend?!", I complained to Harry as he was parking the car on the side of the road on the outskirts of London in a quieter, more homey area than where Harry's flat was. To our right, the cozy, safe, family-friendly looking house caused my insides to twist and turn a little bit. The last time I was here, my dad and I were the furthest away from a father-daughter duo and Harry and I were the furthest away from being in a relationship, not just friends with benefits. I was still rambling, when he turned off the engine."Couldn't he have mentioned it before?! I send him one ticket, he could have asked for a second one?!"

"Maybe he was just waiting for the right moment", Harry said, unbuckling his seat belt, but remaining in his seat. He must have known that I wasn't fully ready to make my way towards the inconspicuous front door. My dad and his girlfriend invited us over for tea and coffee just a few days after he introduced her, I suppose to clear the air. I had a show later that day so thought about canceling, but I wanted to know more about the woman that possibly knew a lot about my family's past, things that couldn't be read on the Internet, things that she could spill if she wanted to. I saw it as a safety measure in some way, also because of my connection to Harry, who sighed at my delayed response. "Okay, perhaps the moment wasn't picked out very well."

"That was the worst timing ever, I wish I wouldn't have invited him", I groaned, unbuckling my seat belt so I could move my body to look at him. We have had long conversation about this topic these past few days, about how to deal with your parent finding a new partner. His parents were separated so we shared his experiences, but it was different for me. Unlike his, my parents were separated by death. When my Mom passed away, I didn't think my dad was ever gonna fall in love with someone else. "Ugh, I'm sorry. I sound like a cranky teenager, don't I? Well, at least I don't have to go in by myself like the last time we were here. Do you regret not being able to hide in the car anymore? Shouldn't have told me that you wanted to be with me."

"Absolutely not. Never in my life would I regret that, even if you're being a cranky teenager", Harry said, leaning over so he could plant a small kiss on the tip of my nose. I smiled, feeling a swarm of butterflies erupt in my stomach. Luckily I didn't need to hide them anymore, as opposed the last time. Poor me had already been whipped without even realizing. Katie had been right all along. "Actually, I don't know if you remember it, I was being pretty childish myself the last time we were here", he continued, as he ran his thumb along my cheek, causing it to flush red. He was looking out of the window though, as if he was watching a memory. "When I was comforting you, I wanted to kiss you, but I chickened out because I saw your Dad."

"Are you kidding me?! Of course I remember!", I said accidentally jumping away from him in excitement, because we had been thinking about the exact same thing. Our entire trip to London had been weirdly healing and painful at the same time. Without the trip, we probably wouldn't have ended up together, or maybe we would have? "That was everything I thought about for the rest of the night! Why do you think I deciding to bring everything up the next day?!", I confessed, playfully slapping his chest with my left hand. He let out a chuckle so big that I could feel the vibration underneath my touch. "I was wondering why you didn't mind your mother knowing that there was something going on between us, but my dad couldn't." 

"Was I supposed to say Hello, I'm Harry, I'm f*cking you daughter, when I introduced myself to him?!", he exclaimed jokingly and I chocked at his choice of words. "No, but to be serious, it felt more real to me that day. With my Mom I had some sort of control of what she might think, but with your dad- I was scared I would send the wrong signals to him, and to you. I mean they would have been the right signals, but I wasn't ready to admit that to myself", he explained, cupping my hand on his chest with his. His expression had turned serious as he felt the need to apologize for his past self. I understood though. Also, I myself trusted his mother more than my farther. "I'm sorry."