Won't Let This Slow Me Down

Brain fog is a funny thing sometimes it creeps into your mind like mist you don't even realize you have it until the mist turns into rain a storm and drowning in your mind and you can't even see the sky anymore.

You drag your feet making your way through the storm then out of nowhere you hit the eye of the storm and everything is eerie quiet. The storm is raging around but the fog lift from your mind. You can finally breathe again take in as much oxygen as you want. The heavy blanket you had is gone.

You realize how amazing it is to have energy in your body. Even if just outreach the storm raging. You feel high like kite blood flowing through the body with ease if you close your eyes you can maybe forget that you have to go through the storm to get to the other side.

The young boy's eyes open steam wisped through the air. The warm water rain down his sore body. His hand went to the nozzle to turn the water off. Slowly slipping out of the warm shower the cold air of the hospital made him physically shivered.

Grabbing scratchy tower to whisk the water away from his body. Drawing the towel to his head to do rough dry to his dark brown curls. His feet pitter-patter on the white tile ground to the counter. Making sure not to pull hard on the IV lines he still had in him. Slowly wiping the fog from the mirror. Wrapping the towel around his waist.

Letting out a slow breath looking at himself letting a slow smile creep onto his face. That shower helps his body was starting to feel more energized. It crazy when your body starts slowly go downhill you forget what's it's like to be normal hee had lost who he was in the past month.
It was such an out of body experience to look at himself now.

He felt himself sigh he had woken around 4 in the morning. His mind racing with questions. That no one could answer him but the one thing he knew that he was not going to allow this disease to get the best of him.
He was not going to stop doing what he loved. He was not going to allow his future to get hazed by this diagnose. He was now going to allow Diabetes to slow him down.

Looking down at the IVs his fingers slowly ran over the tape. He was ready to move forward. He wanted to make sure he could follow his dream. Today was going to test if he can manage this disease no matter how hard it was he was going to do it without complaining about out it. Make sure he was self-reliant. This was his job no one was going to feel like he was weak or sick.

watching the fog on the mirror slowly starts to hide his reflection. In a poetic kinda way, he thought it was God telling him that it was time to start a new life. Now it was time to look at himself in a different light.

What the young 13-year-old didn't know was there was a flaw in his new mindset. Yes, he was the one that had it to deal with it and manage it but his family was going to have to watch him have bad days and deal with scary situations and fear of losing their son and brother in his sleep if not careful. To learn to give fast-acting sugar as he was barely able to lift his head shaking so made he wouldn't be able to talk.

Watch him be so high that he throws up or having to go throw his mood swing of being high and low all day and not being able to do anything to help. When they wanted to comfort but the teen pushes them away cause his brain can't deal with the physical touch and being high at the same time. This diseases had a way of slowly rooting its way into everyone's hearts whether they knew it or not.

He needed to let others help him for him to live his best life. It was ok to be ok to tell people when he was feeling low or high. That was going to be something that his whole family was was going to have to learn over the next coming month even years.

" Oh hey, dad." Nick was surprised to see his father in the room. " When did you come in." Slowly making over it to his father.

" Hey, son how you feeling." He wrapped his arms around his son. He couldn't believe how good the child look today. His colour was slowly coming back. The twinkle in his eyes was finally back.

" I'm good." Sighing allowing his body to relax in his father's arms. They rock back and forth feeling a sense of calm filled the room. They slowly pulled away from Nick's slip back on the bed. Smiling at his mom or smiled back.

" I feel so much better." Running his hand through his wet hair.

" I'm glad." Denise nodded "I think the nurse is coming around soon to do your morning vitals."

" Do you think all be able to eat?." grabbing some sock putting them on his feet were starting to feel cold.

" It depends on what your lab work says." She spoke slowly resting a hand on the kid's shoulder. " I think we have a busy day today with education so I hope you able to eat." Looking at her watch as read 9:00 Am.

"How's Joe?" Looking up at his father. " Sorry didn't text or call last night I was exhausted." Trying to explain himself. he stops when his dad shooks his head.

" Don't apologies we understand son." He didn't ever want his sons to feel bad when they were not feeling good." Joes more worried about you than anything."

Nick nodded." Yeah after what happened I sort of guess that." Rubbing the back of his neck feeling his face heat up in embarrassment. The conversation stop when they heard a knock on the door. Nick was just happy both his parents were here to be his support.