Home Coming

She was so delighted her boys were coming home today. She missed them she knew They had been through tough times the last couple of weeks they were ready for this tour to end. To be able to start being family again. Denise knew in the next two days they would be heading on a little family trip for a week. Paul had a church conference and thought it would be fun to do a little family trip.

So she was busy packing for that. She recognized that the amount of laundry that was going to have to be done for the boy tonight was going to be a lot. So she thought if she got half the family stuff ready first then when the boy came home. It wouldn't be so overwhelming plus the boy can do there own laundry anyway.

She tossed the dark load in the dry as she turned the machine on as her phone buzzed she flips it open to read it they were off the highway and was dropping off some of the band members than would be home in 15 she quickly sends replies back. Grabbing a basket of clean laundry making her way upstairs.

She peeks in Nick and Frankie's room to see the young boy was playing with some cars. She knocks on the door not to straddle the child. She waited for him to pick his head open to look at her.

"Mommy." Smiling up at her as he drops his toy cars running up too her as he wraps his arms around her.

She slowly kneeled down hugging the 5-year-old. "Guess who coming home any minute." Whispering in the child's ear. The look on his face melted her heart.

"They're coming homing!!" As he started to run around the room in excitement. He stops in the middle of the room. " I can show them the cards I made them." He hastily went to his pillow taking out the homemade cards he had stashed under his pillow.

"How about you head downstairs and prop them on the dinner table and wait for them on the couch." She slowly picks up the laundry as she watches the kid speed downstairs.

"Oh feel so good to be home Joe yawn as stretched they slowly pulled into the driveway. Smiling when he watches the front door open. There little brother runs outside jumping with joy.

" He so funny" Kevin waved at them as he unbuckled the car gradually approached the garage. He slowly opens the old sliding van door. " Hey, little bro as he picks his little brother up and hugged him.

Nick slid out if the front seat hugging his mom "Hey mom as he wrapped his arms around he was so elated to be home.

"Oh miss you so much sweetheart did you grow a couple of inches." As she gave tight hug sway side to side.
Nick let out a little chuckle " I been getting that a lot lately maybe I am."He steps back to allow his brothers a chance to say hi. As he high five his youngest brother. They quickly gather their stuff from the back and headed inside Nick made beeline for the bathroom. No one took any notice anymore.

"Oh, Tank is that for us Joe pointed to the card on the table. The 5-year-old ran to the table and grab them.

"I made these for you." as he handed the cards out. " Joe opens you first as he jumps up and down smiling widely. Nick smiled as Frankie gave the card to him. He peaks over Joe's shoulder to see what the kid wrote inside the drawing was colourful.

"It you and me play wrestling in the family room. It says I love you."He pointed to the messy writing at the bottom of the page.

"Wow, this awesome Frankie thank you I love it soo much. He hugs the little kid bestowing him a big wet kiss.

"Eww." Frankie gently pushes his brother away. Wiping the wet kiss from his cheek. " your turn Kevin."

"How about you read me what you wrote kiddo." He went down on his knees allowing Frankie to sit on him. The boy happily compiled. " you're playing guitar on my bed helping me go to sleep keeping all the bad dreams away." Kevin couldn't help but smile at the kids drawing " this is one the best drawing I have from you."I'm keeping it in my guitar case, and every time open it all absolutely think of you."

Frankie beamed with pride snuggling into his brother's arms. " I miss you Kevy."
"I missed you too," Kevin whispered in the kid's ear. His fingertips tickling the small child the kid screamed in joy.

Frankie crawled away laugh as he hid behind Nick"Save me the monster after me."

"Who the monster," Nick spoke bending down trying to pick the 5-year-old up. His arm shook under the weight."Wow, you are getting big I can barely lift you." He tucks his arm under the kids' legs. Frankie wraps his arms around his neck.

"Kevin, the tickle monster." The kid laughed as he hid his face from his oldest brother.

"Can you pass the card, Joe? Nick adjusted Frankie in his arms. " Frank, can you show me what you wrote for me? Trying to get the kid back to the cards. Frankie took the card " look it your playing basketball and am on your team."Nick pointed at the picture he assumed was him and his brother." Are we crushing Kevin and Joe?"Frankie nodded.

"That was super sweet," Denise spoke up." I Am going to start making dinner can you guys start going through your laundry."She could hear groans going all around." It won't take a long plus we have something dad and I have surprise so hurry up so we can share."
As that seemed to lighten up the mood as the teens. Quickly grab their laundry bring it into the small laundry room. to start sorting.

"JOE KNOCK IT OFF!!"

Nick could be heard yelling from across the room. Denise could feel the floor shake little as Nick came running in the kitchen. She slowly put down her knife. " ok what going on." Look at the teen as he had run past her and was now in the dining room Joe was not far behind. What looks like a dirty sock in his hand.

"Joe, you put that down my shirt I swear." Nick was on the other side of the table his eye staring daggers at his brother.

"Boys come on let's try not to antagonize each other." Slowly walking around the small island to pull Joe back away from Nick.

Joe rolled the sock into a little ball and chucks it in Nick's direction as Nick quickly dodged. The smelly thing but not pay attention. He tripped over his father's laptop charging cord. Which was plugged into the wall, and the computer was on the dining room table. He felt his body hit the old hardwood floor he quickly turned to see the laptop crash to the floor. His heart quickly sank trying to unravel the cord from is feet.

"This is why we don't run around the house." Denise scolds her son to pick up the laptop from the floor. " Better hope its not broken young men."

Nick slowly got up from the floor."It not my fault." He argued back looking at Joe. " Why isn't he getting trouble? Walking over to the table to look at the laptop.

"No one person is to blame for this." Denise calmly explained turning on the old think pad. It slowly started to boot up nothing seems to be broken thankfully.

She slowly looks at her two sons " You both know better. I know you guys just came home. But I will ground anyone of my boy if feel they are not following the rules."

"Sorry."

Two teens spoke up at the same time smiling at each other. Before hugging their mom. Their mom hugged them back kissing them on the head. " Now get-go wash up for dinner. Pushing them towards the bathroom. She turned away as see the rolled-up sock on the floor slowly picking it up smiling softly. Boys will be boys she wouldn't have it any other way.