Cramps

The street light cast an eerie glow as they zoomed down the local highway. There was a soft calm in the car everyone had passed out long ago. They had made a decision that they drive overnight to the next places. Garbo Kevin and Kevin Sr had talked about switching off every couple hour. Kevin Sr had taken the wheel for the last two hours. A cry of pain broke out from the back seat. He instantly felt his heart jump out of his chest. His head whip around to the back Nick was curled in the middle seat he was gripping his right leg.

"Dad, watch the road we have this back here" Kevin's voice spoke up. As he grabs nick arm " Hey what wrong you have to communicate to us what wrong."Their, father did his best to keep his eye on the road as he was trying to get over to the shoulder to pull over.

"my, leg it...cramping...it hurt...it hurt." Nick was sobbing his whole body was tight his teeth clenched.

At this point, everyone was very much awake confused as was unable to help as they are speeding the highway.

"Can you try to rub it out" Joe spoke up as he tried to get to his little brother but Kevin pushes him back in his seat.

"Joe put your seat belt back on. I can comfort him from my seat you cant just sit tight. Nick, can you try to stretch your leg out to me"? Kevin spoke with calmness to his voice.

Nick shook his head " no it hurts too much."

The car slowly made its way to the side of the road as the four ways were put on. Their father quickly came around to open Nick's side door. " Hey kiddo what's wrong." His eager eye inspected the teen he was gripping his right leg. " here let me see it just cramp we just have to massage it out know big deal." He slowly tried to move his son's hand away.

His oldest son took Nicks hand" just hold my hand Nick just allows dad to help you just have pinch nerve."

"It... hurts..."The poor child sobs out his body jerk in pain as his father dug his finger right into the muscle as he let out a choked sob."It burned it felt like his leg was lock and was trying to dislocate. He couldn't believe how tight the muscles were he finally could feel it release. As he could undoubtedly hear his son sigh he slowly stretches out the kid's leg.

"Does that feel better? Carefully looking at his face, the teen had instantly relaxed his face "Think you need to come out of the van and walk around." The young teen wanted to do no such thing but one look at his concerned father and he knew. He had no choice in the practical matter he slowly unbuckled himself. Shifting his legs over.

His father had a hand on his arm making sure the had good enough balance to keep himself upright. He could hear a car on the other side of the van passing them. It was a cold late October evening. The fierce wind hit his face tingling his cheeks.

"I think I can walk my leg feel better" He mumbled look at the black ash fault. His father nodded as he slowly walks the length of the car. His muscles hurt little but nothing like before.

"stop and stretch ok." Merely preventing his son from getting back in the car. He couldn't see very good in the dark, but he could just imagine the eye roll that got directed his way.

Nick bending down to gently touch his toes it felt good to stretch they were on the road for 4 hours. " I think am feeling better." He smiled up at his father as he extends his hand above his head.

"Nick, have you been consuming a lot of sweets? He got a whiff of his son breath it was this strong fruit smell.

"Um... I have been drinking a lot of water and when I am not drinking water it usually Coke we typically get from a rest stop or small convenience store."Shrugging impatiently.

"I think you should try to lay off the soft drinks ok." Smiling gently down at his son, he saw the little eye roll. " you need to relive your self we have two more hours"

"Yeah, I have to go" He hastily went to the side of the road he could feel his father standing near him observing the car as he urgent did his business.

"Hey, I think you should sit with me in the front to stretch your leg, so the muscle cramps don't happen again." Leading Nick to the side of the car opening the door as Garbo switched with the young teen.

"You feel better" Joe carefully pass him water. He had instantly switched with Kevin he desired to be close to his little brother. " If I accurately recall you say that cramps have been waking you up last week or so."

Nick nodded appreciatively taking a swig of water before answering. "Maybe it just a long car ride seating for so long."

"You could be also going through a massive growth spurt." Their dad spoke wearily as he started the car.

Everyone felt the pent-up energy in the car changed. Joe observed the cars pass the window in the back of his anxious mind he knew something was wrong with his little brother. His eye looking at the front seat Nick was passed out against the window.

Highs and Lows Of Lifeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें