"Well, this is us boarding the scope, sweetheart," Klaus replied, smirking at the duo before he and Annikah walked away.

_____

At the Salvatore Boarding House, Damon was in the middle of pouring himself a drink when he felt a presence behind them. He sighed and turned when he saw it was Klaus and Annikah. "I think it's about time we three had a drink, don't you?" Klaus asked, a smirk forming on his lips.

"I'd say we're overdue," Damon replied, turning to give Annikah a weird look.

"Well, you've been so busy, what with all your plotting and scheming," Klaus commented as he and Annikah made their way over to Damon.

"You know me," Damon replied in a sarcastic tone, "Never miss a chance to plan an epic failure."

"Isn't that right?" Annikah replied, a smirk forming on her lips.

"Don't be so hard on yourself," Klaus told Damon as he walked closer to Damon, "Who could have guessed your own brother would betray you?"

"Well, I did have a front-row seat when your sister lied to you," Damon retorted as he shrugged his shoulders, earning a glare from Klaus.

"Yeah, well, she's fickle, that one," Klaus replied in a calm tone and Damon nodded his head in agreement, "And you say you have no idea of her whereabouts?"

"That's the thing with younger siblings. You just..." He trailed off and began to chuckle, "Never know what they're going to do."

"I can't sense that you're lying, Damon," Annikah replied as Damon took a large sip of his bourbon, "But luckily for you, we're not here for Rebekah."

Damon sighed as he finished his glass of bourbon. "Drink?" He asked her curiously, purposely changing the subject.

"Most definitely," Annikah replied, following him over to the table where the bourbon was at.

Moments later, Damon sighed, pouring them each a glass of bourbon before he handed one to Klaus and Annikah. "Cheers, mate," Klaus spoke up, smiling slightly.

"Down the hatch," Damon responded before downing his glass of bourbon in one gulp.

"You know, we've actually got a lot in common, you and I," Klaus commented as he smiled at Damon.

"Really? I can't seem to find any similarities between us besides that both of us had or have a thing for Annikah," Damon remarked, causing Annikah to roll her eyes while Klaus glared at Damon, but tried to disregard what he had said, "Well, yeah. Maybe we can...bond over our mutual loathing of my brother, too. Why are the two of you so mad at him? He stole something?"

Klaus and Annikah exchanged a look before turning to glance back at Damon. "Our family. The Originals. Annikah and I had them daggered, boxed up, awaiting the day when I saw fit to wake them. And he went in and pinched the bloody lot."

Damon chuckled at Klaus' words. "Of course he did. Ah, such a buzzkill, my baby bro," He commented before turning to Klaus and Annikah, "Well, I'd love to find him. Just the trouble is I sure as hell don't work for you."

Klaus smiled, sharing a mischievous look with Annikah before he turned to face Damon. "You know, your drink stinks of vervain, so I can't compel you. There'd be no point in killing you, because you're actually the one with the most hope of getting me what we need. And yet, it would seem a demonstrated is in order. Perhaps Annikah and I weren't clear enough when we told you to find Stefan. Oh, well. It seems you people respond best to displays of violence," He explained as he turned to glance at Annikah, "Annikah has revealed that aspect to me and I am thankful. So why don't you take this as an example of my reach?" He suggested, a mischievous smirk forming on his lips, "Annikah, love, would you..."