Golden Sorrow

Kori stuffed his hands into his pockets and huffed, looking at Candy as she hid beside him, peaking her head around the corner. Never in his life would he have thought he'd been in front of the mafia building about to infiltrate it. "What's his name again?" Kori asked, earning Candy quickly turning her head with a "Shh!". Kori just rolled his eyes with an annoyed grumble "His name is Julien Wyatt" Candy whispered and turned to look around the corner again. "You do know they have cameras everywhere right? My ability is only limited, we'll have to hide in different areas at a time" Running his hand through his hair, Kori looked up to the sky then back to Candy. His eyes widened when he saw her already gone. 

"Candy?!" He whisper yelled and quickly peaked around the corner to see her taking the guards outside down. Kori sighed in relief and looked around, before running over. Candy turned with a smile "I know where he is, he's in the cafeteria, but luckily, we have a guests to help" Candy looked behind Kori, causing him to turn too. Duke stepped into view with a smile on his face and arms behind his back while Opal was tiredly floating on a cloud, a lazy smile on her face. Opal popped her cloud and dropped down to her feet gently, smiling but yawning after, rubbing the sleep from her eyes with her fist. 

"Her? Really?" Kori looked at Opal, who smiled a little, clearly not effected by the obvious insult. Candy huffed and folded her arms "Don't insult her, she's actually incredibly skilled" The pink haired leader hit the back of Kori's head, causing him to yelp. Opal just let a cloud swoop her off of her feet. She yawned and stretched her arms over her head. After a second though, she suddenly looked less tired and had a big smile on her. She put her hand into her cloud and pulled out a long, golden sword in the shape of a lightning bolt. Candy looked at her and laughed nervously "Sorry Opal, can't use your sword. The ability user can manipulate gold" Candy explained and watched as Opal smiled and shrugged, putting it away. "That's fine.. If someone gets me mad I can just use my cloud" Opal explained and looked to Candy, who tapped her lip in thought. How to make Opal angry? She never got angry, it's impossible! 

"I'm glad you chose to bring the steampunk guy instead of that blondie" Kori said suddenly and Candy looked at him. "Who? Creampuff?" "Yeah, that useless kid" He explained and Opal blinked. "Excuse me?" "Don't tell me he isn't useless, all he does is sit there looking all cute and gets away with murder. In all honesty, he'd a prime example of why this group is never called to rescue" Kori looked at his nails and Opal stared. The white cloud under her slowly getting darker, a spark emitting from inside of it as she growled. 

"Hey! You!" A guard ran out from the building and took out a gun, however, Duke pulled out a small machine and put it on the floor. He quickly pushed Opal away and stomped on the machine, causing an orb to circle around Candy, Kori and him. Opal however, growled. The guard held up his gun and shot at Opal, but unfortunately, her cloud was quick to dodge and she whizzed forward, grabbing the guards head and shocking him. "Yes! Opal get into the building and shock everyone!" Candy yelled and let Duke release them all from the orb. 

Opal did just that, and Candy watched as the glass door emitted quickly flashing lights and she ran over with the other two. Of course, when she stepped in. Guards were dropped down all over the place and there Opal was, floating around tiredly on a fluffy white cloud. This woman had some serious mood swings. Of course Kori only said the things he said to anger the cloud, and, it worked!

"Where's the guy again?" Kori asked "I'll pair with Duke". "He should be around the cafeteria" Candy said looking at her phone. Suddenly, alarms started blaring. "Fuck, they know we're here" "We have to go then!" Duke quickly looked at Candy "What? No! We're not stopping because of some guards! Kori, use your ability to create a duplicate!" Candy ordered and he nodded in response, stomping the floor and suddenly, colour faded around them. The sirens were muffled and quiet. "This is what we're gonna do. We're gonna go as far as we can in this world and find a place to hide that's close to the borders, then Kori, you deactivate your ability and quickly create another so we can go again. Eventually, we'll make it to the cafeteria-" "Or, ya know, you could have messaged me? I'm fairly certain my number is easy to reach!" An unfamiliar voice chuckled. Candy flinched and turned to see the member they were supposed to go after. Duke quickly took out a stun gun, ready to use if need be. 

"Oh no need for that, really. I mean, you are here to rescue me after all, yes? I was waiting for you to arrive!" Julien took off his hat and put on a monocle. "So that's why you didn't leave around the cafeteria" Candy blinked and he chuckled "Pardon me, mademoiselle. My name is Julien Connie Wyatt, I'm a manipulator of gold and am currently being held hostage by the mafia for my ability. If you could please escort me away from here, I would be utmostly grateful" Julien curled over and bowed, a hand behind his chest and hat held in front of his stomach. "Alright alright, can we go? My ability won't last forever" Kori rolled his eyes at the annoying male "We're close to the door, we just have to step outside, I'll deactivate my ability and we ru-N?!" Kori and the other were quickly grabbed by Opal. She wrapped her arms around them all and whizzed out of the door as Kori's ability deactivated due to him no longer touching the floor. 

Opal rushed everyone back to the building safely and placed them on the floor. She yawned and stretched "Oh Creampuff!" She called and rushed into the building, leaving everyone to do as they pleased. Candy was in disbelief that they made it out.. On a cloud. "Well, that's new.." Julien looked at the dampness on his arms and pant legs from being in a cloud. "Julien Wyatt!" Candy was quick to snap out of it, earning the attention of the tall male who smiled and held his arms behind his back. "Before you ask, yes, I will gladly be recruited. Under one condition-" He held up a finger "And what's that?" Candy arched a brow and tilted her head. 

"If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to meet Merlin"