Tick Tock

"Finally.. Last one" Shelly wiped the sweat from her forehead with a sigh of relief. She turned her head when squeaking was heard and gave a chuckle when scratching up her arm was Gizmo, one of the squirrel babies that took quite a liking to her. Shelly scratched under his chin and smiled softly "Ye so much like Cogs, I bet he's real happy I got me a lil' friend again" She explained and sighed in relief as she closed off a little door to her machine. 

"Well Gizmo, take a long look! This, right here, is the clock lock! I know, I know, it sound's silly. This machine however, is going to save so many people's lives! In the past, I've made time machines that have actually worked, machines that transport people to other dimensions and even teleportation. However, THIS machine can stop time as a whole! Over here is a bunch of hands pads, when the machine is activated, everyone with a hand on these pads will not be effected by the stop of time!" Shelly excitedly explained her brand new invention to the squirrel on her shoulder. In response, she got a few squeaks and she looked at him. "What? No no! This is a prototype for smaller devices I can give to the TLE! Right now this bulky thing is just gonna be here" She smiled and snickered. 

"You work too hard Shelly." A familiar voice spoke up and Shelly heard the sounds of rollerskates. "Alec! Ye heard what I said? Isn't it great?" Excitedly, the girl took off her mask and a sparkle in her eyes beamed with pure joy. "It's wonderful, you did a great job once again." The blonde said and rolledskated on his heels to the machine and looked it up and down. "Follow me in back, I'll show ye some designs on what the smaller products will look like" She lead the blonde through the door to the back of her shop. Alec would have been in awe at the sheer amount of metal, machines and scraps laying around the place. "Look!" The brunette girl opened her blueprints and it was a watch sketched. A strange, bad feeling struck Alec, something was wrong, but he couldn't tell what. "- And then when ye press this.. Hey! Alec! Ye listening?!" Shelly folded her arms over her chest in annoyance and Alec snapped out of his daze. "Ah, my apologies.. It's a great idea Shelly" "Come on, I'll let ye test it out with me" She smiled and let Alec skate out behind her. "I won't really need it, but Gizmo, ye run outside just in case" She put the squirrel onto the floor, and Alec watched in amazement that this squirrel actually understood and ran outside, going through a little made door on the floor. 

"Just put ye hand here and I just have to press this" She said and put her palm on a screen that had a handprint on. A light immitted from the screen and flashed green. "Great! It registers you!" "-How? I'm not really a person" Alec looked at the brunette and tilted his head. Shelly just snickered "I made it to recognize androids since we have a lot here, plus, I'm half android" She explained and looked to the machine. After clicking the button, there was a silence. Then, a strange ticking noise. "What- the?" Shelly looked to the machine and looked around "Nono, I checked everything and it's not working? This isn't right- I never mess up on my machines-" "Shelly, the ticking is getting faster, we have to leave" Alec took his hand from the machine and looked to Shelly. Though, she was checking over and Alec's eyes widened when the ticking quickened by the second. "Shelly!" He grabbed her metal arm and dragged her out of the store. In a flash, a loud bang set off and threw them across the floor of the street outside. "No-" Shelly's eyes widened and she shakily lifted herself off of the floor. "No no- NO!" She teared up and turned her head, standing in disbelief as tears rolled down her cheeks. 

Her store. 

Everything was gone. All the machines. All her inventions over the years. The store she raised since she was younger. All in black ashes with the building set half on fire. A strike set off in her chest and she dropped to her knees, hands limp on the floor beside her as she stared in agony at was once her beloved home. A place she met so many people, the place her and Cammie, Kaiden, everyone would spend time together. She saved so many people her. "This- can't be right. I never mess up on my machines.. This can't be happening!" Punching the floor with her good hand, Shelly screamed and held her face. Alec covered his ears, wincing at the high pitched scream and grit his teeth under his mask. After it went silent, Alec uncovered his ears and looked over to the see the brunette curled over on the floor. On her knees with her back folded over, head to the floor and hands over her face as her hair pooled around her. Alec watched as she sobbed into her hands, Gizmo running over and standing beside her, trying to cuddle into her to help. "Shelly.." "This wasn't me. Someone broke it. Someone vandalized it so it would blow up.. Now everything is gone.." She sobbed and took out her phone shakily, messaging Merlin the awful news of what had happened before sitting up straight staring at the mess of broken metal, fire, smashed glass. 

"I'm going to find the person that fucked with te' machine.. And I'm goin' to tear them apart."