Damned Unpleasant Children part 2

Start from the beginning

"I am, am I?" Damon hummed as he smirked at her.

Elena and Damon walked off the dance floor to get something to drink and after a few minutes Caroline and Stefan joined them.

"Okay, now I'm having fun." Caroline admitted with a smile.

"Me too." Elena admitted as she saw Damon talking to Alaric a few paces away.

"I was thinking about going to the grill to spend time with Matt." Caroline told Elena. "He couldn't come to the dance tonight because he had to work but that doesn't mean I can't spend time with him at his work."

"Care for one last dance, Caroline, before you go?" Elena offered her hand to Caroline.

"I would be delighted." Caroline smiled and the two girls made their way out on the dance floor.

"Mind if I cut in?" Damon came up behind Elena and Caroline a few minutes later.

"Not at all." Caroline smiled and hugged Elena. "I'm going to see Matt."

"Bye Care." Elena murmured.

"Having a good time?" Damon asked as he pulled Elena close.

"Yeah, I am." Elena smiled. "And you?"

"Not too bad." Damon spun Elena around again.

"Maybe he's not going to show." Elena murmured as she looked around the room.

"You mean we did all this dancing for nothing?" Damon mock gasped in horror.

"Oh no, the travesty." Elena giggled.

The music switched and became faster and Elena smiled brightly as she grabbed Damons hand and started to twist her hips. "Show me how it's done in the fifties."

"You really think you can handle it?" Damon smirked at her.

"Bring it, pretty boy." Elena challenged.

Damon pushed her out and twirled her back in towards him, then he picked her up and dipped her on one side and then the other, holding her in the last dip for a few moments. As he straightened up again Elena laughed freely and brightly.

"That was awesome." Elena beamed at him.

They danced for a little while longer until Elena saw the man in the hoddie at the other end of the room. "Damon, back corner."

"Get Stefan." Damon ordered softly and started to make his way over the dancefloor after the man in the hoddie.

Elena quickly lost sight of Damon and couldn't find Stefan anywhere so she decided to look around. When she walked over the dancefloor her phone rang and she pulled it out to answer.

"Hello Elena." A male voice greeted her from the other end and she froze. "Here's what you're going to do. There's an exit behind you, you have five seconds."

"No." Elena declared strongly.

"Or you brother dies." The man threatened.

Elena quickly looked over to the punch table where Jeremy was serving punch with a smile. Behind her little brother she saw a man talking on the phone and staring at her.

"I can snap his neck so fast that I bet there's not even a witness." The man threatened. "Now, start walking!"

"Don't you dare touch him." Elena growled into the phone even as she started to make her way to the exit.

"Keep walking through the door." The man chuckled at her threat.

Just as Elena passed thorough the exit she looked back and saw the man walk past Jeremy without touching him. That's when she decided to hang up the phone and run. She ran through the corridor and forced herself not to look behind, that is how you die in a horror movie.