Chapter 21

Firepelt looked around. He could smell the scent of newleaf and stars appearing.

"Welcome to StarClan, Firepelt. It is time to receive your nine lives." A voice said, not startling Firepelt as he passed this before, but he couldn't seem to remember it. Perhaps it's because of that he had a new life.

Sandstorm meowed, "With this life I give you loyalty. Do what you think is right, even if your Clan rejects it. Loyalty doesn't come from blood, but it comes from what you show to your Clan and everyone else. I will be waiting for you again, my love. Have kits if you want."

A spasm passed Firepelt's body. He felt the pain again.

Leafpool meowed, "With this life I give you compassion. Use it to care for sick cats and elders in the Clan, because they are the cats who we should most honour. Treat the sick and hurt gently, and treat the warriors boldly with determination. I will be waiting for you again, father."

A gentler spasm passed Firepelt this time.

Squirrelflight meowed, "With this life I give you determination. Do your best in whatever you can. Do not doubt yourself. Trust yourself that you can do well to lead you into success. I will be waiting again, father."

A strong spasm passed Firepelt. He flinched at how Squirrelflight was determined.

Sorreltail meowed, "With this life I give you love. Treat your Clan like a mother cares for her kits. Pity them when they are hurt or ill. Love the cats even if they have done something wrong. Trust your heart and love to guide you gently to take care of your Clan well."

Firepelt thought that this life would be gentle, but it was almost the strongest spasm. He was shocked for the love the mothers gave their kits.

Runningwind meowed, "With this life I give you tireless energy. So you will not get beaten in Battle. I will be there, Firestar."

A huge spasm passed Firepelt. 

Hollyleaf appeared. Her green eyes glowing with wisdom and longing. 

"Hollyleaf!" Firepelt meowed in joy. His granddaughter was there.

Hollyleaf meowed, "With this life I give you the choice of the warrior code. Serve your Clan and follow the warrior code. You may break a few rules if it is really nessacary, but always have the warrior code in your heart."

A strong spasm of Hollyleaf's desire and love for the warrior code passed Firepelt.

Brindleface meowed, "With this life I give you love and pity for every cat, even your worst enemies. Treat cats with pity and live equally, and pity those whole are sad or angry especially. Try to find out why they are sad or angry."

A spasm passed Firepelt.

Redtail meowed, "With this life I give you justice. So that you may find out the truth when others do not. To find out the truth to stop a whole lot of commotion. So they can live peacefully."

A spasm passed Firepelt.

Bramblestar meowed, "Firepelt, you are an honourable cat. You saved the Clan many times, no matter you are Firestar or Firepelt. You have cared and pitied for every cat. You have saved many lives. With this life I give you nobility. So that you may serve the Clan well with all your lives and qualities. You saved the Clan from a treacherous murderer. You have loved this Clan, even if you were a kittypet at start. I will guide your paws forever. In StarClan."

A spasm, strongest of them all passed Firepelt.

"You have received your nine lives." The cats who had given Firepelt his lives meowed altogether. "From this moment on, you will be known as Firestar, the light, once again of ThunderClan."

A huge light blinded him, and he, was at Moonpool again.