Chapter 17

Silverpaw curled up deeply in her nest. It was an exhausting day. Without Leafpool's guidance and help, and because of her grief for her mentor, Silverpaw was tired and worked slowly than she usually did.

"Silverpaw." Leafpool's sweet scent familiar mew drifted towards Silverpaw.

"Leafpool? Are you here?" Silverpaw jumped to her paws. She was super tired and wanted to sleep immediately. But this was important.

Leafpool's pelt slowly shimmered brighter and brighter until she was completely clear. Her tortoiseshell pelt was well-groomed and sleek. Her eyes were no longer dull but brimmed and longing to go back to ThunderClan and her apprentice. She was happy and relaxed. Her pelt glittering with starlight. Her eyes no longer showed her age, but she was as carefree as a kit again.

"Leafpool! I missed you so much!" Silverpaw ran to her former mentor and licked her shoulder while Leafpool thrust her white muzzle affectionately against her former apprentice. It was a reunion.

They both moved apart from each other a while and Leafpool finally meowed, "Silverpaw, I will be mentoring you in your dreams."

Silverpaw looked at her paws that were originally there, but it had turned into stars. 

"What's wrong? What's wrong with me?" Silverpaw mewed, panic flaring in her blue gaze.

Leafpool explained, "You are waking up." She meowed gently. "Remember the prophecy: Fire alone can save our Clan..."

Silverpaw awoke to the dawn light. She blurted out, "The prophecy is very important! Fire alone can save our Clan!"