New people.

Hey guys sorry for the 6 day wait. I had a mini writer's-block. Enjoy this chappie byee!

All my life I’ve been taught to care for others, and whatnot. And when I do. .  I got snapped at? Real fucking fair. Great. 

It hurt knowing that I was a mistake, but what even hurt more was that mam just got back in bed and fell asleep like she didn’t just tell me I was a mistake, or maybe she even meant she resented me.

I wasn’t mad at C.J, I was mad at the situation. I wish I would’ve just told her instead of sneaking out. Anything could’ve happened. I mean, I could’ve gotten kidnapped, set up or anything.

I had a pounding head ache from whatever. School started in 2 days and I was beyond scared and nervous, but I knew I had C.J, and he was going to be there for me.

My head started pounding more, I couldn’t take it anymore. I got up out of bed, slipping on a sweatshirt and slippers, grabbing the ice bucket as I made my way towards the hotel lobby to where the ice and vending machines were located. As I was walking I stopped in my tracks and completely froze.

A girl stood hunched up in the corner sobbing, with blood dripping from her face. I looked over at the front desk to see that no one was there to help her. “Ugh, Rain, you can never mind your own business” I mumbled. I dropped the ice bucket and began walking up to her. “Hey, are you okay?” I touched her and my eyes felt with sympthpany. She kept trembling. “No, my boyfriend beat me up and I have no where to go.” 

My heart fell, for some reason, I thought of this being mama with Monte. I had to help this girl. “Come with me.” My head still hurted, but I didn’t even care. I grabbed her hand I took her hood off exposing her cut up and bruised face. “Wow” I mumble. 

“He did this to you?”

“Yes” she said with her voice shaking. 

Her hair looked wild, her eyes were red and puffy like she hadn’t slept in days, and she was very boney.

“It’s okay babes your in good hand now,” I say pulling my key out and opening it we entered my room.

“My mom’s sleeping, you take a shower, get yourself cleaned up and there’s an’ extra toothbrush near the sink. I’ll give you some fresh night clothes” I spoke, handing her a pair of panties and bra that I had never gotten to wear.

“I’m on my period.” She spoke. I reached under the sink and gave her a pad. “Here you go.”

“Thank you so much.” I could see tears escaping her eyes, I smiled. “Your welcome. Lemme know when your down in here” I closed the bathroom door before going into the closet to find her something. I pulled out some orange pajama pants, and a white tank top.

“That’ll do” I mumbled. 

I walked back in the bathroom, opening the door quietly since she was in the shower. I sat the clothes on the toilet before closing the door.

“Now I have to explain to mama”  I said outloud to myself.

I walked over to mama, who was in a deep sleep. I didn’t wanna wake her but I had to. I slightly shook her. “Mama” I said. She made no type of movement what so ever. I shook her again. “Mama” this time her eyes twitched, she rolled over, flickering her eyes open.

“What?” she hissed. One thing about my mama is she hate’s being awoken from her sleep.

“I need to talk to you.” She sat up on the bed, staring at the floor. I do the exact same thing. 

“Your pregnant?” she assumed.

“NO mama. . . I’m still a vigirn! Hello! I need to talk to you about something else, though.”

“What is it?” She had a attitude. For what though? If anything, I should be pissed at her for saying what she said.

“So. .  this girl was in the hotel lobby – and ma like she was all beat up, crying. Saying how her boyfriend did that to her. She in the bathroom now but mama can she please stay with us – just until she gets her self together?”  I tried to sound convincing. 

Mama frowned. Damnit. She smacked me on the arm, “Rain! She could be mental or maybe even have Ebola! We don’t even have a place we’re in a damn hotel until I save enough money for US to get a 2 bedroom apartment, I don’t know about this Rain. This girl – or women might have a crazy ass boyfriend after her and I gotta protect us I cant put our life in danger for someone else, I’m sorry, no way.”

My head hung low. I wanted to help this girl so bad. “Mama please! If you say yes I’ll get all A’s when school starts. Pleaseeeee ma pleaseeee” 

“Fine fine! Under a few conditions: 1. When we get our apartment/condo, that mean if she comes, she MUST work and pay rent. 2. Don’t make me regret this.” A smile formed on my face before jumping on mama, showering her with kisses. 

“Thank you mommy! I love you so much!”

“It’s been a while since I heard that” she mumbled.

 A couple minutes went by and the girl walked out of the bathroom with the fresh clothes I gave her, she looked somewhat better than before.

“Hi” she shyly said to mama. Mama gave her a warm smile

“Hello, what’s your name?” 

“Tavi” she answers, shaking mama’s hand. 

“That’s a pretty name. Well Tavi, I’m Chanel and this is my daughter Rain. Now you can stay with us as long as you please.”

“Thank you guys so much you don’t even know how much I appreciate it!” 

“Now mind telling me why those bruises our on your face?” mama spoke.

Tavi’s smile dropped. “My boyfriend beat me up”

“I’m sorry to hear that”

 “It’s fine”

“Anwaays! Come on Tavi, in the bathroom! I’m gonna give you a makeover” I interrupted them two.

“Don’t be so loud! I’m going back to sleep.” Mama spoke before fixing the covers. 

Me and Tavi went into the bathroom “Sit on the toilet” I demanded, she did as said.

“I’m gonna curl your hair, and let you have some of my clothes you have to get enrolled in school – which is in 2 days. Don’t worry, though I’m gonna make sure that you and I are in all the same classes! Along with my boyfriend, C.J” I happidly spoke. I knew me and C.J weren’t dating, but what the hell, we acted like it.

“Thank you Rain, your so beautiful and kind hearted – stay that way I appreciate meeting you and your amazing mother” She smiled for the first time.

“It’s fine lets get to work on this hair!”

I washed her hair and everything, it was really really dirty, but I didn’t bother to ask why, it was none of my business. Her hair went a few inches past her shoulder, which gave me an idea of how I wanted my hair cut before school starts.

I then blow dried It and gave her pretty wand curls. “And wa-la! We’re all down” I let her stand up and see her hair. She looked amazed “It’s so perfect, thank you so much Rain!”

“You’ve thanked me enough Tavi”

Picture of Tavi on the side