𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱𝐢𝐯.━━━ war machine

Start from the beginning

"We have to report to the Clave." said Alec. They have to know we've learned about Valentine."

"What, that he's related to me and Ki? Great. Fine. Tell them." Clary said acidly, What good does that do Simon?"

"Clary, it's all connected. The vamps want the Cup." Jace explained but that was what confused Kiara.

"Why though? You said it makes new Shadowhunters, why do they want more of you?" Kiara declined calling herself Shadowhunter, something else was missing, the puzzle was not complete.

"They don't. If Valentine gets the cup, he can form an army loyal to himself. Vampires and all Downworlders in general, don't want that." Alec explained.

"Plus, it controls demons." Izzy stated. "No one likes a demon. Especially not under the control of a Shadowhunter."

"And to top it all off," Kiara got the gist of it, "we're all screwed if that Shadowhunter is hell bent on ridding the world of the demon blooded— a.k.a the Downworld included. So, vampires will trade Simon for the Cup and Valentine will trade Jocelyn for the Cup. Either way, we lose one." Kiara sighed, looking grim. 

"What if I just toss it up in the air and let them fight it out among themselves?" Clary suggested half heartedly.

"So, this doesn't matter to you?" Alec asked, the air tense, anticipating another fight but Kiara had enough. They were wasting precious minutes, Simon needed them. Kiara stood up straight and raised her voice to get their attention.

"Yes Alec, of course, it matters! Listen... when you saved our lives... I put my trust in you. Now, I need you to put your trust in me and Clary." Kiara spared Alec a glance, his face was unreadable but he listened intently. "We can't turn into what you are overnight."

"It's true." Izzy nodded, "They were raised as mundanes."

"What are you, her spokesman now?" Alec directed his question to Izzy. Kiara crossed her arms.

 "I don't need a spokesman, but what we all need, is a plan." Kiara avoided eye contact and moved to the ops-center and promptly sat on an empty table. Clary and the Shadowhunters joined her, silently, Izzy sitting next to her while the others set their knuckles on the table.

"Uh, look at all this stuff, these screens." Clary gestured at their tech, "I mean, can any of this help us find Simon? Where is he, anyway? Some kind of crypt in Transylvania?"

"Actually, no. That was Camille's outfit, right?" Jace began glancing at his siblings. "They're locals."

"Convenient." Kiara shrugged.

"They're at the Hotel DuMort, down in Gansevoort Street." Izzy filled in.

"Hotel of Death." Kiara translated, her French good enough to get the joke, "Touché. Rather too, on the nose, if you aske me."

"And we came back here? Why? We have to go there. Let's go, now. Come on."

"We need a Clave resolution for that." Alec deadpanned, it was scary how the petite redhead looked ready to kill.

"Why?" Clary asked and it was Isabelle who answered.

"The five of us can't declare war on the vamps all by ourselves."

"And we can't react without considering our options. Downworlders are slaves to their impulses. We're not." Alec added unnecessarily.

"Alec." Isabelle smiled mischievously, "you can't stomp on all the Downworlders." Alec and Jace smiled.

"Oh, that's right. Seelies have their charms, apparently." Alec teased his sister, neither Clary or Kiara got what was happening.

"Right?" Jace grinned, Izzy rolled her eyes but the smile never left her face.

"Seelies?" Clary questions, Kiara answers without hesitation. 

"Like faeries. The Fair Folk, add pixies, nixies, elves...it's pretty much a catch-all term."

"How did you know that?" Clary asks, surprised.

"I have no idea." Kiara answered, honestly, making Jace sigh.

"Well if that wasn't disturbing."

"Izzy can tell you all about them. She's got a thing." Alec hinted, Kiara couldn't help but let a grin unfurl, Izzy however looked unimpressed.

"We've all got our things, don't we?" That shut Alec up immediately, his smile vanishing on the spot.

"Okay, I can't listen to this. Simon's been kidnapped by vampires. And here you all are, making jokes. I guess I'll just take care of it myself." Kiara groans as Clary stormed off, what is it with her and her theatrics?

"Clary, you're gonna get yourself killed." Jace called after her, Clary held her head high and didn't stop. "Simon, too." Jace reasoned. Clary stops walking away and comes back.

"Then help. While we consider other options, my best friend is suffering. Is that something Shadowhunters understand or am I just being a mundane?" No one answered her.

"Then let's talk strategy." Kiara  said, sitting up straight.

 With those words they formed their plan, it seemed simple enough. Isabelle gets intel from a Seelie 'friend' on how to get in to the hotel, Kiara, Alec and Isabelle distract the vampires, Jace and Clary grab Simon and they walk off into the sun set. Well sun rise as it was dark outside. Their brief discussion ended with Alec, unsurprisingly, telling them this was a bad idea.

"What, have you got a better one?" Jace challenged, "Look, the vamps broke the Accords. They kidnapped a mundie. That's a big no-no. The Clave will give us a lecture and then they'll be glad we did it. Come on."

"Hard to argue with that." Izzy shrugged and Kiara nodded, her body was exhausted but she'd do anything to see Simon safe again.

"Even if we went ahead." Alec pressed on, "I don't see how we get out of here without having to explain where we're going. We need weapons, and we can't let anyone see us get them."

"I know where to get what we need." Jace spoke, ending the conversation. 

🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️💨