𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Start from the beginning

Hopping inside Harry's car, Karma fits herself just between Clark and Grizz. She offered to drive, but Harry insisted that he was sober enough to pilot a plane.

"Okay, so as a rule, the more bizarre a thing seems—" Karma cuts Grizz off, "the less mysterious it is," She says proudly, remembering the boy's words from when they were talking about how Grizz' hair grew longer than her's did.

"Sir Arthur Conan Doyle," She tells him, looking over at Clark. Grizz smiles at the girl, "What a good student." Grizz remarks.

Clark looks at the both of them with a weird face and taps Luke's shoulders. "You know this shit?"

"No," Luke says, rubbing his eyes. "I don't know this shit." Clark tells the group.

"How 'bout Sherlock Holmes?" Grizz talks once more, "The point is, there's an explanation for everything." He finishes while Karma nods along in agreement.

"And what does that have to do with the Arthur Conan Boyle dude?" Clark asks stupidly and Karma laughs, smacking his chest lightly.

"Its Doyle and you're hopeless." She tells him as she laughs.

"Oh... Oh, shit." Harry, who had been silently driving this whole time, stopped the car and made everyone turn at what he was looking at.

Karma instantly felt nauseous seeing the sight before her. The road out of the small town had been blocked off by what seems like a herd of trees. The cramped forest surely wasn't there yesterday, and other than that, trees definitely do not grow overnight.

"What the fuck is going on?" Karma hears Luke speak, looking at the trees blocking their way.

Harry jumped out of his seat and went to take a closer look. Karma, fitting right between Grizz and Clark, couldn't easily slip herself out of her position, so she remained seated.

Harry looked back at the group, earning the same confused faces. "Why don't we go over the other end? Im sure we can go through there." Karma suggests as Harry nods at her and gets back inside his car.

They drove towards the other side of the town, reaching yet another dead end. By this time, Grizz could hear Karma's loud heartbeat as she made her way out of the car.

Stepping on the cemented bridge, she walks closer to the forest. She wanted an explanation handed to her, but neither her smart brains nor Grizz' intellectual reasoning could understand what the was going on.

"What the hell?" She hears Luke say from behind her. Going over the bridge, She noticed that the train tracks have been covered by trees as well. It was as if they were intentionally trapped inside this place.

She went back to the middle of the bridge, walking past Harry and closer to the forest. However, before actually walking in between the trees and the grass, Harry blocked her using his arm.

"It's not safe, Kar." Karma looks at the boy, and she could see he was just as confused as she was. She would be lying if she said she didn't see the hint of terror behind his gaze.

Karma had dialed Cassandra to come as quickly as they could, and bring Gordie with them.

She had known Gordie from one of her classes, and she knew he was a bright kid. She had heard him talk about conspiracies one time in her Physics class. While most laughed at him, Karma gave him a smile and conspired with him.