The anniversary

I stepped into the new world. Was it really the new world? Technically no. It was actually the old world that I left behind. I lived a whole different life in a different world. Different era. Different yuga. Yes. I lived. Because the entrance to this new world was the death in my original world. I died to wake up here. Years in future. If I be truthful I lost the clarity of past, present and future of my existence. It is normal for time walkers. I was not. But I have been inside the Tesseract of time. I was never aged in that world. I had always been in my 20s. Maybe late 20s now. But yes I have lived ages. I have had children. I watched them grow. But that seems like a long lost forgotten dream. I was in a new world. Or the world I should have been.

        It has changed since I remember it. It's nothing I could lived before. Ways. Lives. Faces. Everything is different. It's confusing. It's terrifying. I didn't wished to continue. I accepted my death like a friend of dear. But it had rejected me. I lost my family. My children. But again I have a family. I have a husband. Whom I didn't know now. I didn't love. I didn't remember. I was his life. But didn't remember a life with him. His presence scared me. His absence confused me. I needed to know. I needed to know my place. Why I was alive? What else remained? But how?

           It was all I could think about since I got up. Sky. I didn't even know it is the same Sky I once knew. But he was here and the only thing that connected me to my life that doesn't have its existence anymore. After too much effort I couldn't remember his face before I went into mahabharat. Was he really Nakul before I left? Then how I never got confused when I met Nakul in dwapar yug. There were too many questions to be answered. And I had none. He left me here standing at the window of our high tech home. Aside of my bedroom the house seem like a lab to me. Very shiny. Everything was pristine. This couldn't be my home. What happened to my rustic, cozy taste?

"Why would anyone live here?" I said in no one in general. Frankly there wasn't anyone around anyway.

"Your more accurate words were 'kill me before saying it's my home' Mam." A slightly robotic male voice said. I was startled.

"Who is here?.... Where are you?" I said looking around to find it.

"It's me Mam. Cedric. Are you alright?" He asked.

"Cedric! Who are you? Why can't I see you?" I asked.

"Because I don't have a physical body that could interact with light mam. I can sense you being dizzy. I suggest you take a seat." He said. No physical body. Then what was it. An AI?

"Are you an AI?" I asked sitting down on the couch.

"Yes mam.. You installed me in this house."

       I sat thinking for a while. This was the safest option to get some answers. But Artificial intelligence have memories of their function. What if Sky access it for something?

"Cedric! Do you keep log of your functions?" I asked.

"Each and every moment." He said.

"If I want to delete anything?" I asked.

"I can do that." He said.

"Good. Now I will ask you some questions. Just answer them." I said.

         I had so many questions to ask. Where to start? I decided to focus on the problem in hand. Today was my anniversary and there was a party of people I really didn't know. I decided to ask him that.

"Cedric! Tell me about the party and it's guest list. With pictures please." I said.

"Where do I start Mam?" He asked. Fair enough.