Chapter 25

Commander Bumi watched the soldiers as they scoured the building.

"Why isn't there any guards?" Zun asked.

"I don't know," Bumi muttered. "But I'm worried, it doesn't make sense."

Zun nodded.

"Keep watch, I'm going to find Izzie," Bumi said.

Zun nodded.

Bumi ran for the building.

He scanned the surroundings, evading anyone that might cross his path.

He searched the palace until he reached the bedrooms, finding his and Izumi's room blocked by guards.

Bumi grabbed his throwing knife and swiftly whipped it, stabbing a guard in the leg.

He shouted and fell.

Bumi charged at the remaining guard shouldering him into the wall.

The guard bended fire at him, but Bumi dodged it.

"You know, surprise fire attacks don't work when you've raised a six year old Firebender," Bumi said, kicking the man into the guard that was stabbed.

He grabbed one of the gold ropes that held the flags. He tied the men together and dragged them to the window.

"Enjoy the view boys!"

The men shouted when Bumi lugged them out the window.

They dropped for half the length of the wall and jerked to a stop, dangling over the side of the building.

Bumi clapped his hands as if wiping away dirt and hurried back to the room.

He kicked the door open, "Daddy's Home!"

"Bumi!" Izumi yelled, jumping off of her bed with tears flooding her eyes.

Bumi caught her when she jumped at him. He wrapped his arms around her.

She cupped his face and kissed him.

Bumi held her close, "I was so worried about you."

"Bumi," Izumi looked at him and he could see the tears in her gold eyes.

"What is it Izzie?" He asked gently.

"Bumi it's Suki...she's--"

"No she's not," Bumi shook his head.

"She's not?" Izumi looked at him.

"No, I don't know how, but she's alive, she managed to get to my ship and I've had her for the past week."

"Oh thank the Spirits!" Izumi hugged him.

Bumi held her tight.

"Is she on the ship still?" Izumi asked.

"Well, I told her to stay, so probably not," Bumi said. "But I'm sure Iroh will watch her."

"Iroh came?" Izumi asked.

Bumi nodded, "Yeah. He's doing great. He was even the first recruit to rank up, and he's the first one to rank up so soon in all of United Forces history."

"That's my boy," Izumi smiled. She looked up at Bumi, "He's so much like you."

Bumi scoffed, "He's more like you."

"He's tactical like you," Izumi wrapped her arms around Bumi.

"He's smart like you," Bumi responded, linking his hands behind her back at her waist.