Cutie and the Dork chapter 3

Two months later, Freddie and I were getting on great which sort of split the group because Louise felt that I had betrayed her by flirting with Freddie. Rachel and Brianna sided with me though because I hadn’t even known her when they were together and it's not like we were close when I started.

“Rhe? Are you okay?” Freddie asked me, I snapped back into reality and turned towards him smiling.

“Yeah, sorry. What did you want to tell me?”  He was fiddling nervously with the blanket on my bed. It was well after visiting hours and he was not even meant to be in here at all being a boy. He came over every night and he always brought me a hot chocolate, nowadays we shared one because I was scared of putting on weight now that everyone was watching me.

“I really like you.” He blushed and my heart sped up, it was beating so fast I felt like I would have a heart attack!

“I like you too Freddie.” I could just about force out.

“I... I mean... Rhea willyoubemygirlfriend?” he stuttered, I just looked at him in shock. Freddie as in hot quarterback, wanted by every girl in the school Freddie was asking me out? My jaw was hanging so wide I had to use my hand to close it.

“I... I... urm... yes, yes I'll be your girlfriend!” he smothered me into a hug and I held my arms around him tightly. He smelt so good as always, I could feel his heart racing under my cheek. He pulled away from me slowly and lifted my chin to his face. I closed my eyes not wanting him to see the fear that would be in them. I felt his soft light pink lips touch mine and I put my arms around his neck drawing him in closer and deepening the kiss. I couldn’t believe I was having my first kiss with Freddie Roper! I pulled gently away and looked into his eyes, he looked back into my own pure happiness had made his eyes go a bright blue colour.

“So I'll see you tomorrow?” I saw the confusion on his face as I stood up to let him out.

“Yeah...” he got up behind me following me to the door. I turned stood on my tiptoes and kissed him, I felt his smile as he wrapped his strong arms around me. After a few more kisses he left, I waited five minutes before I knocked on both the girls doors.

“He asked me out!” I nearly screamed jumping up and down the corridor.

“OH EM GEEEEEEEEEE!” they screamed jumping up and down grabbing me in a hug. We huddled in the pink fluff that is her bedroom talking for about an hour. Then we called it a night, I woke up in the morning and jumped in the shower. We headed down into the cafeteria to grab some breakfast before breakfast.

“Morning.” I felt some strong arms wrap around me as Freddie whispered in my ear. I nearly choked on my cereal.

“Morning.” I replied once I managed to swallow, he twisted around and kissed me. The girls giggled and I blushed. Rachel and Gareth are together and Brianna and Jacob got together two weeks ago. Apparently we're the three hottest couples of the year, I sighed just thinking about Freddie and I being a couple makes blush. We all had to go home for thanks giving; we're all flying out back home so we can travel to the airport together. Once we had said our goodbyes I made my way to my seat in the first class and put in my iPod earphones listening to my favourite album The Bridge by Melanie Fiona. It was a short flight and as soon as I got off I saw my parents waiting at the gates for me, I ran towards them and almost took my dad off the ground when I flew into him. He hugged me tightly and my mum huddled behind me, I turned around and hugged her tightly. I felt her sobs and I felt bad that I had asked to leave.

“How was your flight pumpkin?” I looked at my dad, my eyes still felt puffy from crying.

“It was great and very comfortable.” My mom was clutching my hand all the way to the car, I didn't feel babied though I actually liked it. On the short drive home I texted Freddie to say I got home okay, I knew he would still be on his flight so I put my phone in my bag not expecting a reply. Once we reached outside our house I jumped out and went running in to find my brother. He looked up from his game bounding over to me before he had even pressed pause. He hugged me tightly and then catching himself he jumped back to his game blushing deeply.