"I don't think I've ever seen here so quiet," Henry commented and Catherine rolled her eyes at him, "What? It's true."

_____

In one of the many rooms at the castle, Marie was standing in the French Palace alone. She was smiling slightly, admiring the artwork around her when she heard someone approaching her. She turned, her eyes widening when she saw it was Henry. "Your Majesty," She spoke up, quick to curtsy to him. She glanced around, sighing when she saw the rest of the room was empty.

"Would you like some wine?" He asked her with a smile on his face as he held out a glass of wine to her while he held his own in his right hand.

She smiled and nodded, taking the glass from his grasp. She took a sip of it and stared up at him, waiting for him to say anything.

"How have you been?" He questioned her curiously, "I rarely see you anymore."

"I have two children now. A boy named Edward as you know. And a daughter named Nora," She informed him in a calm tone and Henry nodded in understanding, "What of you? How have you been?"

"I still have no children with my wife," He admitted in a disappointed tone, "Only the one I have with..." He trailed off, noticing the cold look she was giving him as a way to tell him not to say it.

"If you give it time, perhaps you will have one. You give no breaks between the children you have. It takes a toll on a woman's body, you know," She reminded him and Henry sighed in frustration.

"But I need a son. I will never be safe upon my throne until I have a son," He complained and Marie remained silent.

She gulped down the rest of the wine, clearly needing it if she were to have a conversation with Henry.

"Would you like another?" Henry suddenly asked the moment she finished her glass, causing her to give him a weird look. He turned and gestured for a servant to come over. They ended up pouring her another glass and Marie smiled, immediately thanking the servant.

She smiled and turned to Henry, giving him a curious look. "Why did you come over here to talk to me, Henry?" She asked him curiously, taking another large sip of her wine, "Clearly, you didn't come here to talk to me for no reason at all."

"I wanted to tell you..." He trailed off, watching as she continued to gulp down her wine, "That I've missed you."

Marie scoffed and stared up at Henry, an annoyed look on her face. "Do not start, Henry. I'm not in the mood for your games," She snapped at him in an annoyed tone, "I'm happy with my husband. Just because you're unhappy with Catherine, it doesn't mean you come running to me."

A servant walked over and once seeing Marie's glass was empty, he handed her another. He took her empty glass, bowing before walking away. She frowned and shook her head at Henry. "I shouldn't drink so much," She complained in a soft tone, "I tend to do foolish things when I do."

"We are in France. What does it matter? No one will remember what you do here," He encouraged her and Marie sighed, beginning to sip on her third glass of wine.

______

It was nighttime and in her husband's chambers, Kathy sat at the foot of the bed, gulping down what was left of her cup of wine.

"Oh, my sweet English girl, sitting there all alone," Louis commented and Kathy sighed as she placed her cup down, "My love."

She stared at him closely, watching as he removed his robe and walked closer to her. "Ma femme," He continued as he sat down beside her, "You are a little afraid maybe?"