Prologue

"What? Not gonna say anything?" Max asks from his spot on the couch. Phoebe had been snooping in Max's room while he was trying to get in Cherry's good graces, so he had a ride for his band when Dark Mayhem had called. Once Dark Mayhem hung up, she ran straight to their parents and told them everything, including the crimes he tried to commit around Hiddenville that she had foiled.

"You've been working for Dark Mayhem," Barb states in despair. She and her husband staring their son down in disappointment.

"He is one of the most dangerous villains on the planet. Just ask my old sidekick. Oh, wait you can't. Dark Mayhem shot him into space!" Hank rants, vexed by how his own son could work with such a madman.

"I mean after you abandoned Chloe's fourth birthday to turn Dr. Colosso human and take him to Villain League Headquarters, where you were almost ripped apart by hermit crabs and now this." Barb sighs, Max was still grounded from that incident and made Chloe's go-to babysitter, but it wasn't enough. When he was being held hostage at Villain League Headquarters, Chloe had kept asking where Max was, and she was very upset he wasn't there. She clung to Max for a week once she forgave him for missing her party. "This phase is getting way too dangerous."

"It's not a phase!" Max shouts, enraged at his parents' refusal to accept he's not the perfect little superhero they want.

"He's also planning on turning Chloe evil." Phoebe chimes in from her place behind her parents.

"What?!" The Thunderman parents scream.

"No, I wasn't." Max denies, before sighing at the three cynical burning glares. "Okay, but just a little bit."

"Maximus Octavius Thunderman!" Barb snaps.

"I wasn't going-" Max begins but is swiftly interrupted by his father.

"Max, go to your room-"

"Hank he has Dr. Colosso, his doomsday devices, and all his other supervillain stuff in his room." Barb intercedes.

"Right, Max go to Phoebe's room. Phoebe go watch your younger siblings well we figure out what to do with your brother." The twins begin to protest, Phoebe because she was the person who caught Max, she felt she deserves to a part of his sentencing. "Now." Hank orders. Max trudges upstairs, as Phoebe bounces up to Billy and Nora's room, where she, Billy, and Chloe are located.

"What are we gonna do with him, Hank?" Barb sighs as they wandered into the dining room, both collapsing into a chair at the table.

"He is definitely never getting his doomsday weapons back." Hank declares. "Which we probably should have done a couple of years ago."

"I don't think grounding him is going to be enough this time." Barb pushes off the table, pulling a kitchen counter drawer open. She rummages through the cluster until she pulls out an envelope.

"What do you mean?" Hank asks as she clutches the letter in her iron grip as she drops into the dining chair.

"I think we need to send them to this." She hands him the letter with the top torn open with a strange logo in the information of the return address.

"Reform school?"

"What other options do we have?" Barb sighs in defeat. "I was curious about when it came in the mail last week, so I had the Thunder Monitor look into it, and it's legitimate and has an amazing reputation. It is great at turning kids away from villainy."

"If you're so sure of it then why didn't you mention it before?" Hank questions, flipping through the pages of information.

"Because I wasn't sure about sending our baby away to boarding school," Barb admits, she knows he's getting older and is no longer going to be her baby, but she's just not ready to let go like that just yet. But now she doesn't have a choice. "Hank, he's been working for Dark Mayhem. We don't know how to help him. But they do, they have helped a lot of kids like him."

"I don't know, how much are we going to be spending on this school?" Hank asks.

"Nothing, the school is free," Barb says.

"Max, you're going to reform school!" Hank roars, informing the whole house and half the neighborhood in the process.

"WHAT?!"