Chapter Eleven - The Prince With The Mask

Start from the beginning

I got up from the chair I was sitting in and the long black flared skirt I was wearing brush against my ankles. I was wearing high-heeled lace-up sandals that had a flower pattern on it. I held out my arms so that Mae could put my gray overcoat on me. It fit perfectly with my sleeveless white blouse. I felt satisfied with what I had picked out for today's magic meeting.

"Unfortunately Sybil won't be able to join you at this meeting. His father came back today and he wanted to do some bonding activities with him. I really hope it won't be anything too extreme like last time... What a stupid husband I have..." Even though Mae called her husband stupid I couldn't help but notice a look filled with complete love.... I guess she really loves him.

"I can take care of myself. It is just a gathering for fellow people who are interested in expanding their knowledge of magic." I felt like even if something did happen to me I could handle it. My magic did get stronger so I was confident I could handle anything that would try to harm me.

"If you feel uncomfortable then you can leave early. Your driver will be waiting for you, ready to leave at any moment." Mae had a nervous look in her eyes as she kept on speaking to me. I know she was worried about me and my safety. It made me feel really happy knowing how much she cared about me.

'How long will this last... People always change. It's unfortunate but Mae may leave you one day and everyone else with her. Then you will be alone. A pitiful little child who is unwanted by everyone. How does that make you feel, ▇▇▇▇▇?' I tried not to show anything on my face when the voice came back. It was so hard not to just give in to this voice. It's so tempting just to give up and lose myself to this voice similar to mine...

"I'm off now..." I didn't bother to acknowledge the voice as I said goodbye to the still worried Mae. The voice just clicks their tongue and disappears in my head again. As I was leaving many of my other servants smiled at me as I walked by them.

I couldn't understand why all these servants in my home like me so much? The original Aurelia was quite the short-temper girl yet all these people look at her with warm eyes. It made me feel strange having people actually look happy I was in their line of sight. But how do I really know if they like me...?

I got into the car that was waiting for me outside. It was Aurelia's personal driver. He was an old man who looked to be in his fifties. He didn't have that many wrinkles on his face but did have some under his eyes. He always had a frown on his face but whenever I met him in the house I could see some warmth in his eyes. I guess he is just someone born with a resting serious face.

"So you going to a gathering for people interested in expanding their knowledge in magic... Quite a serious thing for you to be going at such a young age, little miss." I could never figure out why but I felt like my driver had an accent that usually showed up in his speech but he tried hard not to let it be shown fully.

"Age shouldn't get in the way of wanting to expand your knowledge on something that interests you." I was looking out the window of the car as we passed by many places on the way to the gathering.

"That is true, isn't it? You are quite an interesting one, little miss. I bet you will be even more interesting once you get older. I can see a bit of a younger me in you." My driver's voice became a bit weird once he said that to me. I didn't know if that was a bad thing or a good thing but I just gave a nod in acknowledgment.

It was quiet for the rest of the ride. I was about to doze off when the car finally stopped. I looked outside to see that we were parked in front of a building that looked like it was probably a library.

"I will be out here waiting for you, little miss. Don't hesitate to come out if you want to leave early." My driver cracked open the window in the car and then turned off the engine. I notice that he took out a pack of half finish cigarettes. I gave him a nod before leaving the car. I hope he doesn't smoke too much. It seems like a bad choice with how old he is.