The Truth Is Told To One

I met my mom next Thursday morning at Diane's Beachwear in Santa Monica. Apparently, I absolutely needed a bathing suit even though my luggage arrived the night before. My mom and Sadie were trying to get me to come out in a Vitamin A Cleopatra Uptown Rev Halt.

"Aw, come on Taylor." Sadie yelled.

"Let's see what a good bathing suit will do for you." Mom yelled just as loud.

"No, there's to much skin showing. I look fat and ugly." I answered back.

"Taylor, honey, remember when I told you how to deal with your father?" Mom said soothingly.

"Umm, yeah."

"If you trusted me then, trust me now and come on out."

My mom was kind of right about Jim. I mean, I was extremely nervous around him but he was nice. I took a deep breath and then stepped on out. They both gasped when they saw me.

"See, girl, you look stunning. There was no reason to be hiding." Sadie said while dragging me to a mirror.

"Yeah, babe. You have a models body. You should flaunt it." Mom observed. "I know I would do it."

I blushed from embarrassment while Mom made me twirl around. "This is way to much skin though. I don't like standing out. I like to blend in."

"That maybe true but this is how peeps around here dress. If you don't dress this way, you'll defiantly stick out." Sadie pointed out.

"Besides, it's not like you live here. You never have to see anybody you don't want to again." Mom added.

I let out a sigh and figured, they where right. Why not try something different? While Mom paid for my bikini, a thought popped into my head. "Hey, can we go get my hair cut?"

Mom and Sadie seemed surprised but they went along with it. We went to Salon Vox and I ended up getting a my hair cut, to about my shoulders and straightened.

After that was done, we went to the movies, boardwalk and dinner. On the way to the house, we had to stop by Home Depot. While Sadie was getting what she needed, I got some razors. I know I shouldn't have but it's how I cope.

The next day, mom met us at Sadie's and we were off. While on the way, I nervously smoothed my hair down. On our way in, I got the same feelings I got last time, only this time I managed to stay. If my mom could do it, then so could I.

Filming ended and we were escorted up to Jim's dressing room. Mom knocked and the door flew open.

"Teresa! Oh, I missed you. Come in." Jim said ushering us in. He and mom sat in chairs by the mirror while Sadie and I got comfy on the couch. "So what did you want to tell me?"

"Uh, you go first." Mom prodded.

"Oh, okay, well you remember that small play you help me write? Well, I was telling everyone about it and it seems that the writers want to make it an episode."

"That's cool! Wait, which one?"

"The one about the missing journal."

"Oh, that's a great one. Why did you need to tell me that?" Mom asked while itching her leg.

"Well, apparently, they need more more back story and I thought who better to do it then you. I've been trying to get a hold of you for about a year now but since you left Texas with no warning or note it's been impossible."

"Well, yeah. That was kind of my point. Something happened that really scared me so I felt I had to leave."

"Is that what you need to tell me?" Jim questioned.

"Yeah, see. Remember that night of Julie's graduation party and we all tried alcohol?"

"Yes, and then we ended up having sex because I wanted to be 100% sure of my sexuality."

"That's the party. Well, a few days after the party and you confessed you were gay. I went to the doctor because I was getting sick." Mom took a short pause but then continued on. "Jim, this is my daughter, Taylor Houston McLaughlin. She was born three weeks late but she was concived that night of the party."

"Wait, what?!" Jim yelled, wided eyed while I smacked Sadie on the back to stop her from choking on her gum.

"Jim, you were the only one I had sex with in Texas and I didn't want to ruin your dream of becoming and actor. That's why I left Texas. I didn't want anyone to know."

"So, you're telling me, that night , I got you pregnet and when you found out you just left Texas." Jim inquired staring at my mom then me.

"Yes, I left because I knew that if I stayed then people would talk. I couldn't bear to be the 'Klein Oak whore'. I wanted you to go for your dreams without having to worry about another life. I left Texas for Washington because I knew we would just get in the way of you living your life."

"Teresa, I get what you are saying about the Klein Oak whore. I remember what was said to Jade Warwick and I would hate if any of those were said to you. I don't get this whole, didn't want to ruin my dreams thing though."

"If I would have told you, you would have stuck around, right?" Mom continued after Jim nodded. "That means you wouldn't have went to Austin, San Diego or New York. You would have never came out here. Heck, you might have never even met Todd. See, I didn't want to keep you from your life."

"I get it now." Jim said soothingly. "Teresa, it's okay. I get it now. As long as she's healthy and happy. It's okay." Jim pulled mom into a hug then looked at me. "Are you healthy and happy?"

I shrugged my shoulders and mumbled out a, "Yes." before Jim pulled me into hug. "I guess we know you get your hight from me." Jim said into my hair with a laugh.