“I know, but you know how busy I am right now.” I remind.

“You could’ve taken some time off.” She retorts.

“Can we not fight right now—I’m tired and it’s not healthy for the baby.”

“Fine.” She huffs.

“I have to go baby, I have a meeting in five minutes—Call me in the morning okay?” I tell her.

“Okay, I love you.” she sighs sadly.

“Love you too.” I tell her before I hang up. I put my phone back on my desk and sit down to try and get some work done.

Eva’s POV

“So I know it’s a touchy subject, but why did you and Harry break up?” Sophia asks me. We are out at lunch just the two of us.

“I really don’t like talking about it.” I tell her honestly. “Wait, my dad didn’t tell you?”

“No he has never said and I honestly haven’t asked him.” She shrugs.

“Oh, sorry I just don’t want to talk about it. With him being my boss it’s brought up a lot of emotions and I don’t want to go back to that place—emotionally.” I tell her honestly.

“I understand, I was just being nosy.” She offers me a small smile.

“It’s okay.” I reassure her.

 “Well if you ever need to talk just know I’m always here.” She smiles.

“I know.” I smile back.

“Just don’t listen to your dad—if you want to continue working at Ophidia then you should. Your dad is just looking out for you.”

“I know.”

“To be honest I don’t know what I want to do.” I run my hand through my hair.

“Whatever you do, don’t make a rash decision—think about it for a while before you decide.” She places her hand on top of mine and gives it a slight squeeze.

“I think about it way to much already… I think I need to stop thinking about it.” I laugh softly.

“Well in that case, let’s go shopping and get your mind off of it.” She claps her hands together.

“I can’t, I have to go back to work.” I playfully roll my eyes.

“Damn it.” She sighs dramatically.

“This weekend we can go though.” I offer.

“I would love that.” She smiles.

“I should start heading back to work, so I’m not late.” I sigh, she smiles and waves down the waitress. We get the check and I snatch it away from Sophia and pay for lunch. She didn’t fight me as much as I thought she would.

We bid our farewells and I head back to work. When I get back to work Holly immediately pulls me aside. “What is wrong?” I ask her.

“Mr. Styles has been looking for you for almost an hour now.” She is flustered.

“He knew I was going to lunch, and I have my phone with me.” I open my purse and go to grab my phone.

“Where is my phone?” I say more to myself.

“It was on your desk, which is why he couldn’t call you.” She answers.

“I got to go.” I push past her and practically run in my four inch heels to mine and Harry’s office. When I walk through the doors I’m met with a really angry boss.