Chapter 1:

"EVA!"

"I missed you so much how was Hawaii?"

"Yeah how was your summer?" My friends asked as soon as they saw me.

"It was so good. I had so much fun." I smiled widely. Today is my first day of Senior Year in High School. I'm so glad this is my last year before I leave for college.

"I wish we could've met up when I was there. Why couldn't you again?" My friend Nina asked me. Nina can be a bit flighty at times, so I wasn't surprised she asked me this. I was actually expecting it I just didn't know when she would ask.

"I was on a yacht with my family that weekend." I replied.

"Oh that's right I knew it was something to do with water." She laughed.

"How was your summer?" I asked them curiously as we walked over to our spot in the courtyard, in front of the school.

"It was so boring. There is nothing to do in Paris when you're with your parents." Kaley huffed. I laughed at her dramatics.

"New York was alright I kinda missed home though." Em smiled. We lived in a town on the coast of North Carolina. We live ten minutes away from the beach. It isn't a small town where everyone knows everyone, but it isn't super big either. I like it but I hope to move away one day.

"Let me see your schedule." Ellie asked me. I nodded and took my schedule out of my purse and handed it to her. She looked over it and I saw her eye light up a few times.

"We both have English together with a new teacher, Mr. Payne." She smiled. Ellie is my best friend. I've known her since middle school. I met Kaley, Nina, and Em first year of high school.

"I hate English." I mumbled.

"Don't we all." Kaley smiled.

"We have math together by the way." Em smiled.

"Kay do we have any classes together?" I asked her.

"Umm yeah first period history." She groaned at the subject. I like history where she does not.

"I'm glad we have at least one class with each other." I smiled and they all agreed.

"I have math with you girls as well." Nina smiled.

"Eva baby how are you?" Ryan my ex-boyfriend asked me as he walked up to me. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Don't call me baby." I snarled at him.

"Yeah don't call her baby you are with me now." Lizzie the school slut said coming up behind him.

"I was just being nice." He said trying to cover his ass.

"Just go away." I told the both of them.

"You might rule this school but you don't rule me bitch." Lizzie snapped at me before her and Ryan walked away.

"You might rule the school but you don't rule me." Nina mocked her after they walked away. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Didn't take long for him to move on." I said simply. I broke up with him when I found out he cheated on me. That was right before summer break. Yeah it was three months but Ryan and I dated for a year and a half.

"He is a douche you can do so much better them him." Kayley said.

"Like Dylan. He is hot." Em sighed as she watched him walk passed us. Dylan is the captain of the soccer team and he is one of the schools hotties. He just isn't my type though. Mostly because he uses girls and I'm not that type of girl to be humped then dumped.