Chapter 8 ~ Blind Banker (Pt. 2)

(Sherlock's POV)

After Easton, John and I rode in cab. We got to a apartment, where a man that goes by Van Coon, lives in.

Eddie Van Coon's apartment had set of buzzers outside, labelled with the names of the tenants. Van Coon lived
on the sixth floor. I ring Van Coon's buzzer.

No answer. I ring again then waited, still no answer.

"What are we gonna do now, then? Sit here and wait for him to come back?" John asked, Easton just rubbed his arm.

I check the buzzers, and the one directly above Van Coon's, on the seventh floor is labelled ‘Wintle’. The label is brand new.

"Just moved in." I say, John gave me a questionalbe look, Easton looked at the label.

"What?" Asked John.

"Floor above. New label." I replied.

"Could have just replaced it." John said, I ignored him and ring the buzzer.

"Hello?" Said a woman's voice.

"Hi, I live in the flat just below
you. I don’t think we’ve met." I said, speaking into the buzzer.

"No. Well - I’ve just moved in."

Easton casts a victorious glance at John, smirking.

"I’ve actually locked my keys in my flat." I said.

"You want me to buzz you in?" The woman asked.

"Could I actually use your balcony?" I asked.

//time skip\\

After I climbed off the woman balcony that was above Van Coon's flat, I jumped off and landed onto his balcony, I looked up seeing Easton, over the edge. His legs trembling as he had a tight grip onto the rail.

"It'll be alright, East." I said, there was a thing I know about Easton, 1. he is scared of heights, and 2. he is more terrified of water, like swimming pools or the ocean, He's mostly scared of the harsh waves or deep water. ((A/N: I honeslty see Easton having Aquaphobia))

Anyways, I open out my arms, ready to catch him. He jumped off and I caught him, he felt tense in my arms. I put him on the ground, "That wasn't so hard, was it?" I said.

Easton gave me a look, making me flash him a small smile. I slide open the patio door and walk in.

John was in the apartment hallway, waiting for us to open the door for him.

Easton and I searched around the slightly large flat, I went to the bedroom, but it was locked shut. I kicked the door as hard as I can, which opened. Easton and I walked in seeing Eddie Van Coon, lying on his bed. He’s been shot through the head.

Easton's eyes widen, "Mio Dio.." He mumbled under his breath. ((Translate: My god...))

//Time skip\\

The police came and investigated the flat. The death of Eddie was a murder, Easton and I noticed that he was left-handed. And the bullet was shot on the right side of his head. And everything in his house, like a coffee mug handle or a pen next to a notebook is placed on the left side..

We left the crime scene afterwards and went to tell Sebastian, he was shocked that one of his traders were killed and that those markings on the painting was a threat.

//Two days later\\

(Easton's POV))

Sherlock has printed off his photos of the graffiti He’s stuck them to the mirror above the fireplace.

He sprawls in the armchair and stares at them in a trance hoping their meaning will suddenly leap out at him while I do the same thing, but standing right next to him, fiddling with my fingers, lost in thought.

The door opens and John walked in, back from a job interview, his face pink and cheerful. Could've been a girl. I smiled to myself.

"I said could you pass me a pen?" Sherlock asked.

John was confused, "What? When?" He asked.

"About an hour ago." Replied Sherlcok.

"Didn’t notice I’d gone out, then?" John's good mood will not be shattered. He tosses Sherlock a pen, "Why couldn't Easton grab it, he's right next to you!"

"What?" Sherlock asked, breaking out of his thought.

John sighed and changed the subject, 'I went to see about a job at that surgery." He said.

"How was it?" I asked him in a nice tone.

"Great. She’s great." He blurted out.

"Who?" Asked Sherlock.

"The job!" He said, his face turning a little red.

"‘She’?" I said, smirking slightly.

"It." John said, awkwardly, wanting this subject to end.