「 Heartbroken 」

Start from the beginning

Feeling a tad embarrassed, you gratefully accepted his hand, and he steadied you back onto your feet.

"I apologize," Ren said, gripping a puffy-eyed Otoya by the shoulder. "He's just a little down today."

Yeah, now for sure, it was clear to you. Otoya Ittoki was always smiling whenever you saw him. It was his trademark, and it was definitely the cutest expression ever, too. Seeing him sad like this actually hurt your heart much more than you'd wanted it to.

"Aren't you down too, Ren?" Otoya sniffled, rubbing at his eyes.

Ren, in response, cracked a wry smile. Despite that, there was nothing but solemnity masking the majority of his face. "Because of Icchi?" he scoffed. "That guy really is lucky. I can't say I wasn't entirely expecting it, though, if that's why you're asking. I think we all were trying to be oblivious to it, but the Lady's made it clear from the beginning."

Otoya frowned further. "But still. . ." He looked ready to cry again. "Nanami—"

Ren cut him off, "Now, now. Let's try not to get all emotional around this pretty lady." He faced you, his fake smile shifting to warmer one. "It wasn't our intention to take the time out of your day for something like this. Honestly, I'd like to take you out for something as compensation, but—"

"Then allow me," you quickly interjected. Ren appeared caught off guard, but that didn't stop you. "I was headed to a new cafe that recently opened up. There's an extraordinary flower garden there, and the food—the curry in particular—is especially tasty. You won't be disappointed." Darting your gaze from an intrigued Ren to a wide-eyed Otoya, you offered them the grin they clearly couldn't return. "You both should come. It'd cheer you up."

You were being quite bold, you admitted. But you couldn't help it—it was a dream of yours to be standing before two of your favourite idols. You were so used to seeing them beaming on TV, and the broadcasts they appeared on were always so entertaining. Plus, their vocals were off the charts, too. But that was exactly why it was difficult for you to fathom why they were so down in the dumps today. Regardless of if something happened or not, you simply wanted to ensure they were fine, and possibly even return a genuine smile to their faces.

"Lady. . ." Ren began after a while. He paused, as if searching for a way to identify you.

You immediately introduced yourself. "I'm (First Name, Last Name). It's a pleasure to meet you."

He cracked a soft smile. "I apologize for being so rude. I haven't introduced myself yet, have I? I'm Ren Jinguji. And this is—"

"Otoya Ittoki," the redhead spoke for himself, tentatively meeting your eyes.

You tittered a bit. Although you wanted to tell them that you were already aware, being the huge, obsessed fan that you were, you didn't want to scare them off so you decided otherwise.

Just let them believe you're normal for long as you can. . .

"Thank you, Lady," Ren went on with a suave smile. "Then, we'll gladly take you up on that offer."

"Ren, are you sure?" Otoya demanded. "We have that meeting—"

Ren dismissively nodded. "I don't want to think about the music industry right now." He sent you a wink. "Besides, I'd really like to check out those flowerbeds this Lady has mentioned."

Your insides melted. Oh, jeez. Ren Jinguji just winked at you. You could die happy. . . !

With all eyes on Otoya for the final verdict, it was seconds later that he pursed his lips together and submissively dropped his head. "I guess curry sounds good now, too. . ."