「 I Love You 」

It was difficult to say whether filming had gone great or not

It was difficult to say whether filming had gone great or not. From the director's perspective, anyhow, it was a blessing. The plan was to shoot the first scene of the movie, but with one glimpse at Ren and Otoya, he switched to one of the romantic scenes—where both boys had to confess to the main character, intent on not losing to the other love interest. The intensity was smothering, and while you desperately wanted to assure yourself their acting was splendid, there was a gut feeling you had a role to play in its realism.

Was it because you were too wishy-washy about deciding who to go to dinner with? But, if the both of them were hungry, the solution was obvious: the three of you could pick a place, all together, and call it a night. Clearly, however, neither approved of the idea. They wanted your company to themselves.

At this rate, once filming concluded, the first thing those heart-stopping idols would do is bombard you and have you choose between them.

. . .Between Ren and Otoya?

That was impossible.

"Haruka, have you finished composing?" You clenched your cell to your ear, praying you didn't sound as desperate as you felt. "I can hurry back right now and get straight to arranging it. I also have that work you assigned earlier this week—"

"The work you already handed in?" she remarked with a giggle. "You're the hardest worker I know, (First Name)-chan. I gave you time off today because of that. Unless I told you that accompanying Otoya was work-related, you'd have stayed behind to bury yourself in more tasks."

You couldn't deny it. Unless you were doing something to keep yourself busy, you couldn't sit still.

"On that note, are Ittoki-kun and Jinguji-san finding everything with filming all right?"

"They're fighting for the MC's undivided attention as we speak," you replied, peering in their direction. "Nagi's character kidnapped her and are on the run, so they dashed in to rescue her."

"Oh, that sounds interesting!"

"The fact that they're hotter in real life is torturous on my soul," you agreed. "But that's not important right now."

"How come? Did something happen?"

You hesitated, albeit momentarily. Maybe bouncing it off of her would put you at ease. You'd only known her for several weeks, but Haruka had a calming aura to her that made it easy to open up.

"It's bizarre," you eventually said. "Ever since we buried all that drama weeks back they've been acting. . . different."

"Who has?"

"Ren and Otoya."

"Is. . . that so?" she said after a beat. "They've been the same, from what I've gathered. Can you be more specific?"

"Monday, for instance. When we were working on Ren and Otoya's song. I went out for fresh air and ended up bumping into Ren. . ."

~Several days ago~